Main Menu

Carlisle 2020 PICTURES

Started by anlauto, July 09, 2020, 08:15:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

I'm super excited to see so many great cars were there (thanks for sharing the photos).  Glad everyone that was able to make it had plenty of space to be safe and I'm very happy the show was not cancelled. 

benlavigne

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on July 12, 2020, 10:10:54 AM
Quote from: blown motor on July 11, 2020, 03:51:19 PM
Looks like lots of room in the tent. How many forum members showed up?

The amazing this is, we as a club had the 3rd most entrants at 38. Now, of those that actually came to the the show and made it to the tent of those 38, maybe there were a dozen or so of us. We had the biggest tent ever. Plenty of room for social distancing.    :D

It was fun. I can tell you that.

I had registered, but did not go, and told Ed that I did not want to get a refund . My entry letter actually showed up in th mail on Friday, so it would have been late, it took three weeks in the mail, Canada Post is hopelessly backed up...

Ben

Spikedog08

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 12, 2020, 06:11:33 PM
I'm super excited to see so many great cars were there (thanks for sharing the photos).  Glad everyone that was able to make it had plenty of space to be safe and I'm very happy the show was not cancelled.

We would always make the best of it  .. just the way us ebodies.org members roll!  But needless to say . . The weekend was amazing!  Weather was great as it never did rain although it poured at the hotel . . The breeze was there most of the time and the temps were manageable.  We were down over a 1000 cars easy but still a nice turnout that kept you entertained.  The company was amazing!  Dinner on Friday was satisfying . . Lunch in Saturday was real good and then the pizza party was a relaxing end to a great show.  No complaints from me . . We even won a banner for the 3rd highest members cars that registered.  See below . .  Need to decide as a club what we should do with it? 

Worth the trip every year! 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

benlavigne

Quote from: Spikedog08 on July 12, 2020, 06:39:25 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 12, 2020, 06:11:33 PM

We even won a banner for the 3rd highest members cars that registered.  See below . .  Need to decide as a club what we should do with it? 

Worth the trip every year!

Maybe raffle it off to those who registered and brought up the number?
Noticed I wrote ''registered''?...  :D

Ben

R/T's 4 R/P

Did anyone get a picture of that Blue Convertible Challenger in the car corral? 
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

js27

Thank You everybody for posting pics. It is a great way for us who could not go get our MOPAR Fix.
JS27

Chryco Psycho

It is Codys site so hang the banner in his Garage  :alan2cents:

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 13, 2020, 07:10:01 AM
It is Codys site so hang the banner in his Garage  :alan2cents:

Yup...and we'll get the "champion" banner next year for his team !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

TONY

Quote from: anlauto on July 12, 2020, 04:34:13 PM
@TONY  @69BFan
Tony, Richard, could you please give us a detail report of your thoughts of the show from a seasoned veteran vendor standpoint.
How was foot traffic ?
Were people buying ?
Were your sales up, down or the same as last year ?
Were there less vendors, meaning better sales for you ?
How was the show over all ?

How was foot traffic ?   Average, the past few years people have said traffic was down, it may look that way, but a few years ago Carlisle increased the size of the vendor area, therefore spreading out the people

Were people buying ? yes!!!!!!
Were your sales up, down or the same as last year ?  best ever!!!

Were there less vendors, meaning better sales for you ?
i felt about 80+% full, so down alittle

How was the show over all ?
i dont leave my spot on friday or saturday, its work

thanks to everyone for the support!!

Cuda Cody

That banner should be with the guy who paid for the tent!!!!   :yes:   Or maybe the guy who feeds everyone.   :veryexcited:

Daveh

I vote for Cody's garage also.   :banana:  Without his time and effort not of this would happen. 

anlauto

That's GREAT to hear Tony, thank you for your reply  :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jeff968

Quote from: benlavigne on July 12, 2020, 06:21:50 PM

I had registered, but did not go, and told Ed that I did not want to get a refund . Ben

I had registered, did not go, and was told no refunds.

mccannix

Maybe no refunds....but if you called and told them you could not make it,
you got your same spots for 2021 Paid in full.
I asked for a letter from Carlisle Productions confirming that and received it last week.