Main Menu

Recommendation for a room Carlisle 2020

Started by pink aar, July 18, 2019, 09:54:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

pink aar

I've been on the net looking for a room. It seems that it's about sold out. Is there any recommendation on a hotel??? I guess I'll be making calls to each hotel to see if they may have a room. Thanks

Keep in mind I have  truck and a 28ft trailer for parking.

Spikedog08

I was looking as well and appears that a lot of the hotels won't offer available room until we are closer to the show.  If you can wait, ebodies.org hopefully will make a decision as to a club hotel . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

MEK-Dangerous

Wait until later this year, then things will open up with booking a room. I usually book around Christmas.

kathyscuda

2 weeks before the show call all the surrounding hotels every day .
hope for a cancellation

ViperMan

Hey guys I think we need to come to a decision on the club hotel for next year fairly soon - I don't want to wait too late because I'm going to be looking to move before the show next year and don't want a hotel reservation to slip through the cracks...

Should I start a poll?  Do we just suck it up and give the Park Inn another chance?  I'm really torn but unfortunately I will not have any time to look in to other options this year...

Thoughts?

7E-Bodies

Ive already secured in Mechanicsburg, but am curious...do you grab a block of rooms typically?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Chryco Psycho

I never got to see the new selection for the main hotel , how did it work out ?

Spikedog08

Although I thought the Park Inn was ok . . I vote that we go back to the other site.  There are multiple hotels, we have a decent lot for after show activities and certainly . . Many memories.  There is a budget hotel, a mid class and a couple high end hotels.  In our group of  hotels around the lot, there is

A) Capital Inn, New Cumberland (I have stayed here and paid $80 a night if booked early)
B) Holiday Inn, Harrisburg South
C) Fairfield Inn, Harrisburg West

And then in front is a newer La Quinta hotel that I don't think anyone has tried.   All of these hotels are easily within walking distance to our party lot. 

That is 4 hotels that I would think should satisfy all the members.  50 years of ebodies is going to be an amazing show!  I wish all members would make plans to come to this hotel group at least this one year.  The club meet this year should be epic! 

cuda hunter

I would prefer a medium level hotel. 
The park in was ok.  And seemed to have some cool accommodations with the two bars and great outside areas.  Was nice to have some parking lot parties as well.
  I'm game for whatever the club wants to do.  Just let me know where so I can get a room booked. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

scf100

I think I need to plan to come next year so let me know what hotels you settle on
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

blown motor

Quote from: Spikedog08 on September 29, 2019, 05:45:34 PM
Although I thought the Park Inn was ok . . I vote that we go back to the other site.  There are multiple hotels, we have a decent lot for after show activities and certainly . . Many memories.  There is a budget hotel, a mid class and a couple high end hotels.  In our group of  hotels around the lot, there is

A) Capital Inn, New Cumberland (I have stayed here and paid $80 a night if booked early)
B) Holiday Inn, Harrisburg South
C) Fairfield Inn, Harrisburg West

And then in front is a newer La Quinta hotel that I don't think anyone has tried.   All of these hotels are easily within walking distance to our party lot. 

That is 4 hotels that I would think should satisfy all the members.  50 years of ebodies is going to be an amazing show!  I wish all members would make plans to come to this hotel group at least this one year.  The club meet this year should be epic! 

I think there's a lot of merit to what Spikedog is suggesting. There is a nucleus of different priced hotels all together there. And I agree that we need to decide sooner rather than later. The "Ontario Invasion" needs to get rooms booked! @Cudajason @jimynick @Brads70 @ebodycopper @JonnyMagnum @RJChallenger @anlauto @Jay Bee @cordodge @dodj
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Every year for the last 20 years I've stayed at the same place 2 miles from the fairgrounds. It used to be a Motel 6 but last year it changed to The American Inn....I already have my reservations for 2020 made.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

Quote from: blown motor on September 30, 2019, 05:59:30 AM
The "Ontario Invasion" needs to get rooms booked!
I guess I can book and always cancel. Due to what I'm dealing with, it'll all depend on my car's readiness.

72 Challenger

I am attending Carlisle but I always stay in Harrisburg. I prefer the food there and the nightlife is pretty good too.
Someday I will have a J0b.

Spikedog08

Quote from: Jay Bee on September 30, 2019, 06:29:12 AM
Quote from: blown motor on September 30, 2019, 05:59:30 AM
The "Ontario Invasion" needs to get rooms booked!
I guess I can book and always cancel. Due to what I'm dealing with, it'll all depend on my car's readiness.

While looking at the group of hotels that I mentioned above, I did notice that a couple stated that the price they offered was not refundable and then they offered another price that was refundable?  Yesterday I did book a room at the La Quinta as it was reasonable and refundable if the group decides on another hotel . . . @ViperMan Thoughts?