Main Menu

Carlisle 2020 PICTURES

Started by anlauto, July 09, 2020, 08:15:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Somewhere between 26 and 28 hours driving.  I'm 44 so I don't care for it.  I did it alone this year.  couldn't talk any of my friends into it.  Maybe next year I can talk someone into it.  Being in Colorado, I have to drive long distances to go anywhere.  So driving is not a big deal.  However, I speed everywhere so that I can make up some of that thing we call time.  Every second is valuable and speeding is about the only way i've figured out how to make up some of it in my life. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I talked to about half a dozen vendors that are usuals at the show.  They all told me the sales this year had beat any previous year they had vended.  Attendance was down, car count was down but people were ready to buy. 
  I didn't buy one ebody part.  Lots of A body parts and a few B body parts but didn't find one ebody thing I was after.  Well, that was a reasonable price anyway. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Rich G.

It was nice to finally meet some of the people on this site. So much to see and do but I really got to make it to some of the lunches and dinners with you guys and gals!

Ricomondo

It was my first Carlisle showing a car and I was very excited to have my TA there for the 50th!
Met a lot of nice E body owners and surprisingly didn't buy one part...lol.
It was about a 8.5 hr drive towing the TA. I'd do it again, fun times.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

cuda hunter

69BFan

@anlauto Alan sorry for a late response, but just now getting the chance to sit down and look over the messages and emails.  The truck is unloaded and approximately 80% of the product is back on the shelf and still working on the inventorying.

In regards to you questions in regards to the Swap Meet side of the event, it is very difficult to compare this year to previous years.  I would say that overall foot traffic was down by 40 to 50%.  Thursday foot traffic which is usually a big day for us, but only had one prearranged sale on that day.  Very few people out checking for the potential finds that Carlisle is known for and it was very HOT.  Did talk to one NOS parts vendor on Thursday afternoon and he told me that he did find several good pieces.

It seemed that several vendors subleased or gave their spaces to other individuals so that they could get some use out of them.  I know of several guys who showed up after missing the past couple of years.

As for as sales, our numbers were down approximately 16%.  Credit card sales on Saturday vs. Friday was up almost 81%, so people was running low on money by Saturday or they had spent all of the cash money on Friday. 

I was pleased that I was able to cover the cost of the event.  I was very worried going into the event that we could possibly not even cover our cost.  Thankfully, we did turn enough volume.  With just the two of us, we did bring basically the same product and volume levels as previous years.  Some product was left on the truck and some people may have walked off as we were very busy on Friday from 9:30 till 1:00.  Friday afternoon stayed constant throughout the time. Saturday was very manageable for the two of us and was the busiest from about 10:30 til 12:30.  By 2:00 PM on Saturday, vendors were already loaded and heading for the gates.   

Vendors like Mega Parts, Vans, TNT, DMT, FDC, Jeff Deuchtman, Just Mopar and others did not attend.  Basically the reproduction vendors were Stephens AMD, ECS, RT Specialties, Herb's, Layson's, Tony's and ourselves.  So the reproduction vendors were down by by approximately 60%.  Had everyone showed up, then I would say that all of us reproduction vendors would have seen a huge hit in the sales department due to the smaller attendance. 

I did not factor in the sales from the Dale's product line as this is the first year of having that product.  But have to say that the spoilers and exhaust hardware sold very well.  I was very shocked at the amount of the Early A-Body product that we sold.  The 68 to 70 B-Body product line has been slowing over the past two years and it was even slower this year. 

Like most vendors / manufacturers, sales prior to the show have been at record levels and many of them decided it was not worth the efforts and cost to attend.  I feel that this trend may well extend over into the years to come.  I have to say that the weather turned out very good for a change as Friday was overcast for most of the day and Saturday had more sun, but a good breeze.

Thanks for all of those who attended and supported us.  A number of people stopped in and said thanks for coming out and supporting the event.  So hopefully, we can see more of you guys over in Columbus next month for The Nats!!!
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

Richard, thank you VERY MUCH for your detailed insiders report. It's very interesting getting an inside look from a vendors perspective  :worship: :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

captcolour

From our small vendor slot, final tally showed our sales were up 20% versus 2019.

Rich G.

I wish vendors would put a little sign of who they are and their user name if they are on this site. I always walk the swap meet constantly and other then a few or the big vendors I have no idea who I'm buying from or talking to.

cuda hunter

I agree.  I knew @captcolour was out there but didn't know where he was.  I'm sure I talked to him, but didn't know who he was.  There were others also. 

Chryco Psycho

Thanks for posting all of the pictures @cuda hunter  :bradsthumb:

cuda hunter

Glad to give all yal a taste of the show that didn't/couldn't show up.

Hope you can come up next year! 

ViperMan

Mr. Lee - when did you get those nighttime photos?!?  They look so cool!  Did we see you at the tent?  Your screenname doesn't ring a bell.  Awesome pics!

cuda hunter

Mr.Lee and Ev2rtSE were the two brothers I was talking to while we ate the wonderful lunch we were served. 

captcolour

Quote from: Rich G. on July 15, 2020, 07:10:04 AM
I wish vendors would put a little sign of who they are and their user name if they are on this site. I always walk the swap meet constantly and other then a few or the big vendors I have no idea who I'm buying from or talking to.
Great idea!  Will have to make up a sign for the booth next year (if I remember!).