Main Menu

Carlisle Day 2

Started by Spikedog08, July 14, 2017, 04:13:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Yeah saw the Cummins powered beast , very cool  :bigthumb:

jimynick

Was it a Cummins boys? I looked under the fender and there were only 4 fuel lines coming out of the lft side mounted pump.  :dunno:  It WAS gnarly as hell though and the guy said it still had the original 48 PW frame, too.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Chryco Psycho

must have been a BT4 instead of the BT6 used in the dodge trucks

Brads70

Quote from: Cuda70-74 on July 14, 2017, 03:32:30 PM
@Cudacody it would be nice to meet all yall in person tomorrow but we already drove back home. Next time for sure :cheers:

Bummer we didn't get to meet you in person!  :bye:  Your more than welcome to hang out at the tent!  :grouphug:

Cuda Cody

@Spikedog Rules!  your guess was spot on.  Chrysler Nationals Weekend Becomes Second Largest Ever at Carlisle.

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events-media-center/carlisle-events-press-releases-view.aspx?PRDetailkey=1250

Quote from: Spikedog Rules! on July 16, 2017, 07:37:19 PM
I am pretty sure we beat all the records for attendance at least on Saturday for sure!  It was packed!  Never have I seen that many cars at the show!  Very cool!

Spikedog08

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 18, 2017, 03:18:16 PM
@Spikedog Rules!  your guess was spot on.  Chrysler Nationals Weekend Becomes Second Largest Ever at Carlisle.

http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events-media-center/carlisle-events-press-releases-view.aspx?PRDetailkey=1250

Quote from: Spikedog Rules! on July 16, 2017, 07:37:19 PM
I am pretty sure we beat all the records for attendance at least on Saturday for sure!  It was packed!  Never have I seen that many cars at the show!  Very cool!

I would bet that number one is still Mopars  . . We just didn't beat a previous record . . .  :worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

ViperMan

That 4-door Cuda sure was polarizing... 

Bullitt-

Quote from: ViperMan on July 19, 2017, 04:29:50 AM

What about a 4-door Viper... or Viper/MiniVan could call it ViperVan ..  :foul:
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

ViperMan

Quote from: Bullitt- on July 19, 2017, 06:08:28 AM
Quote from: ViperMan on July 19, 2017, 04:29:50 AM

What about a 4-door Viper... or Viper/MiniVan could call it ViperVan ..  :foul:

Meh, I'm really not concerned about anyone attempting such a thing...  :)

I mean, the two biggest complaints I heard were, "It looks terrible," which is a personal preference (I mean, the Dodge Mirada looks pretty terrible but there were at least three of them proudly parked on the fairgrounds that day!) and "it's a shame to ruin an e-body by turning it into that..." which, while I'm initially inclined to agree with, this guy wasted far fewer e-bodies than Fast & Furious 7 did, and far fewer b-bodies (apparently what the B-pillar was made from) than the Dukes of Hazzard.

In the end, I agree with Spikedog in that, the effort - and insane amounts of  :bigmoney: :bigmoney: he put into that car - is worthy of at least a little respect, and our hobby really isn't any worse off by him doing what he did.

Spikedog08

Quote from: ViperMan on July 19, 2017, 06:36:51 AM
In the end, I agree with Spikedog Rules!

Lots of witnesses here!    :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

ViperMan

Quote from: Spikedog Rules! on July 19, 2017, 08:58:34 AM
Quote from: ViperMan on July 19, 2017, 06:36:51 AM
In the end, I agree with Spikedog Rules!

Lots of witnesses here!    :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

Ya know what, @Cuda Cody - I think this needs to be a new emoticon on here, and I'd like to call it "4CFacePalm" - I can send you a high-res version if you'd like...  ;)