Main Menu

A couple questions about the big show

Started by cuda hunter, June 24, 2019, 09:34:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on June 27, 2019, 10:30:22 AM
Brooktondale, NY.

It appears to be a 70 but Steve told me it was a 74.  Who knows.

How much do you need to get out of it ? Do you have a number in mind ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Quote from: ViperMan on June 27, 2019, 08:01:29 AM
Wowzers that's a project!   :o

Either he swapped out the taillights or it's actually a 70, but that would be worth more, wouldn't it?

Yeah. It's a project for sure.  At least I'm getting it out of it's resting place. 

70 would be worth more. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Quote from: anlauto on June 27, 2019, 10:57:50 AM
Quote from: cuda hunter on June 27, 2019, 10:30:22 AM
Brooktondale, NY.

It appears to be a 70 but Steve told me it was a 74.  Who knows.

How much do you need to get out of it ? Do you have a number in mind ?

I have no idea.  Until I get my hands on it I really just don't know.  it could have no floor.  No frame rails.  It could break when pulling up on the trailer. 
  Or as it appears in the pictures, there could be very little to no rust.  I know the pictures don't show much, but I was expecting to see into the trunk through the wheel wells.  So I'm pleasantly surprised there are no visible holes around that one rear quarter. 

I love the thrill of the chase and the thrill of the unknown. 

I won't be asking the lords fortune for it.  I'm very reasonable when I sell things.  Usually. 
Basically I'm getting this 4-10K car for doing 40-50 K worth of work.  That's the only reason I would sell it.  Just to recoupe some of the time I've spent. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

Not familiar with Brooktondale, What part of the state. I am in central NY about 20 miles north off exit's 32+33 of I90, New York state thruway. Be advised if you do take the thruway, you will pay extra for the trailer, and possibly even more for the trailer with a car on it.   

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

cuda hunter

Quote from: JS29 on June 27, 2019, 11:19:25 AM
Not familiar with Brooktondale, What part of the state. I am in central NY about 20 miles north off exit's 32+33 of I90, New York state thruway. Be advised if you do take the thruway, you will pay extra for the trailer, and possibly even more for the trailer with a car on it.

South of Ithaca. 

cuda hunter

JS29

[/quote]

South of Ithaca.
[/quote] Near the PA boarder, Way south of me. I hope the cuda works out for you. That would be a keeper if it were an AAR!  :popcorn:

Brads70

I think I see little scoops down by the rocker panels?  :thinking:

:) :Stirring:

anlauto

cuda hunter

Quote from: Brads70 on June 27, 2019, 02:31:03 PM
I think I see little scoops down by the rocker panels?  :thinking:
:) :Stirring:

Couldn't be.  There isn't near enough rust on that car for the scoops.   :deadhorse: