Main Menu

What do you do with your trailer at Carlisle?

Started by Ricomondo, May 26, 2020, 05:39:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ricomondo

After initially planning to camp with an RV outside the fairgrounds, I may have to stay at a local hotel. Question is what do you that have been there previously with a trailer, do with it while you're there? Do you take it back/forth when you go to the fairgrounds, or do you leave it in the hotel lot? Looking for ideas. :thinking:
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

anlauto

They have designated parking for trailers on the top of the hill...you pay a little extra. :bigthumb:

I leave mine at the hotel, on the grass, chained to a tree. There are usually lots of trailers in and around the hotels....on the grass etc...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Ricomondo

Quote from: anlauto on May 26, 2020, 05:42:01 PM
They have designated parking for trailers on the top of the hill...you pay a little extra. :bigthumb:

I leave mine at the hotel, on the grass, chained to a tree. There are usually lots of trailers in and around the hotels....on the grass etc...

I did see some quotes for trailer space parking - think it was $25? Might look into that?
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

69BFan

In the years past, as Alan mentioned, you could reserve a spot up on the hill for $25.00 which was something like a 10 by 60 spot.  I called back in December to reserve a spot to free up our vending spots of staging our support vehicles.  At that time, I was informed that this parking was moved outside of the grounds to the area next to the fire department which is also used for the RV parking and camping. 

The good thing about the hillside parking was that it was inside the grounds where the new area is just outside the gate.  Still not a bad deal and for the most part, a secure spot.  Just know that it is a first come, first serve situation, so the good spots in the past years were snatched up by Thursday morning.

With attendance probably being well off, you could possibly snag a very good buy on a couple of swap meet spots that a vendor has decided that he will not be needing.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

cuda hunter

Last year I paid to park in the trailer parking lot by the firehouse.  I just had my suburban.  Initially I went in the trailer spot because I had a barracuda on a trailer and there were no vendor spots available.  then one opened up and i put the barracuda in the vendor area where it was sold.  Still parked the suburban over in the trailer parking lot.  The attendant didn't mind at all. 

So you can probably park a regular vehicle there also as there were plenty of spaces. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

benlavigne

For me, a big part of going to Carlisle with a car, even on a trailer, is using the old Mopar as a regular car for the weekend, just taking it off the trailer, and leaving the tow vehicle and trailer at the back of the hotel for the weekend. Every time I've been there, the hotel did not have a problem with leaving the trailer in the parking lot, even in years when there was full attendance... I don't think any hotel will be full this time, so space should not be a problem!
Enjoy the experience!

Ben

torredcuda

The one time I brought my cuda on the trailer I just left truck and trailer in the parking lot and drove the car around. I was fighting an intermitant no start issue at the time so it was always a guessing game as to whether it would start or not.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/