Main Menu

When members would come to the club meet in Carlisle!

Started by Spikedog08, February 24, 2024, 01:32:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Great photo of us all!  I think this was the year @ViperMan arranged for us to go to the museum in Hershey  . . At least that is where I think it was!  Good times!  Sure would like to get this kind of turnout again! 

:banana:  :banana:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

cuda hunter

I recognize a few faces there.
Would be nice to get that kind of turnout! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

MEK-Dangerous

I miss those days.
Yes, my not so pretty face was in both pictures. I hope you didn't notice.  :-[
I haven't been there for a few years, but I'll try this year.

Cuda Cody

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Spikedog08

Quote from: cuda hunter on February 25, 2024, 04:36:50 PMWhy has it changed?
What are the actual causes?

I don't have the answers as to why?  Members have other priorities?  Cudacody was there that year?  Was a lot of fun!
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

jimynick

LOL, saw my ugly mug and remember that meet. The pizza party in the parking lot with attendant bull session was fun as was meeting Cody. All good!! :twothumbsup:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Chryco Psycho

Well Covid shut down everyone outside of the US from attending until May 23 for one .
 Personally it has a lot to do with poverty , costs keep rising while income doesn't .Last time I was there was 18 , I was supposed to be in 19 but got derailed .No way I was going to miss the 1970 50 year anniversary , then Covid . There is zero chance I will make it this year for finacial reasons again .

torredcuda

Covid, now the economy and we are all getting older. I see it even at local shows/cruise nights that attendance seems a bit down for the older cars and people drive their newer "muscle" cars either having sold thier old ones or leaving them in the garage. Carlisle set record attendance numbers the past couple years but I bet that is due to more newer Chargers and Challengers.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/