Main Menu

Carlisle Hotels - to get you started!

Started by ViperMan, January 26, 2017, 09:25:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ViperMan

Hey there guys and gals.  Hotels are Carlisle are always a huge ordeal - a lot of guys have their "usual" places that they've stayed at for years and have seemed to get grandfathered in to some great rates.  I've tried getting those rates at the same hotels and never get close.  :)

Some people like to stay very near Carlisle, and of course everyone has different requirements regarding cost, cleanliness, parking, etc.

For many, many, many years, we've mostly camped a small Quality Inn hotel in New Cumberland - roughly 25-30 minutes from the fairgrounds.  It's not very clean, but it's by far the cheapest year after year, and it has a great parking lot area off in the back that we've camped out in each night for HOURS and hours, always laughing and having a good time.

Just 2 years ago, a new hotel opened right across the street from the Quality - a Holiday Inn Express.  It's much cleaner, a little more expensive, and is literally 50 yards or so from the Quality Inn.

There is also a Fairfield Inn attached to the parking lot of the Quality Inn - it's substantially more expensive, I can only imagine is much nicer (I've never stayed there) and is accessible from the Quality Inn parking lot.

@Cuda Cody mentioned looking for a group rate, but I never had good success pulling those off - most often you get a higher rate than if each person simply goes and secures their own reservation, usually online.  The only benefit to a block is that people waiting until the last minute can usually grab a room from the block, but we've rarely ever had need for this.  Still Cody, you're welcome to look into it.

Here's the contact information for each hotel - be sure to check their online websites for the best rates.

Quality Inn:
(717) 774-6200
Website

Holiday Inn Express:
(717) 774-6400
Website

Fairfield Inn:
(717) 774-0100
Website <- check it - it might not link to the precise hotel.  It's 185 Beacon Hill, New Cumberland PA, 17070

Stay tuned for more information, and feel free to post where you've booked elsewhere if you've already done so!

Cuda Cody

This is going to be an event not to be missed!  If you go every year I have a feeling this is going to be one of the best.  If you have never attended or it's been awhile, this is the year you'll want to make it happen. 

This is the first of many "Thanks" I'm sure to @ViperMan for all he does each year to make Carlisle special.   :thankyou:

blown motor

I called both the Quality Inn and Holiday Inn Express directly a week ago and HIE was $50/night more.  :Thud:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Spikedog08

Quote from: blown motor on January 26, 2017, 09:46:26 AM
I called both the Quality Inn and Holiday Inn Express directly a week ago and HIE was $50/night more.  :Thud:

I think you will find that the Fairfield is even more!   I think last year I checked and it was $180 a night . . .  :thumbdown:

For those that are interested, the dates this year are July 14 - 16, 2017  . . . most members will arrive on the 13th!   
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

ViperMan

Quote from: blown motor on January 26, 2017, 09:46:26 AM

That sounds about right, but at that price you get a decent breakfast in the mornings, generally nicer rooms, and for what it's worth, an indoor pool that DOESN'T have an oil slick on the surface...

I usually pre-book the room with a guaranteed, non-refundable rate and only spend about $35 more a night.  I believe you have to book that online and I don't know how long it's available.

ViperMan

Quote from: Spikedog08 on January 26, 2017, 10:07:27 AM

I think you will find that the Fairfield is even more!   I think last year I checked and it was $180 a night . . .  :thumbdown:

For those that are interested, the dates this year are July 14 - 16, 2017  . . . most members will arrive on the 13th!

Yes - that sounds about right.  This is why I nor any other previous attendee can provide any type of feedback on the Fairfield Inn...  :)

Spikedog08

I have contacted ED at Carlisle Events regarding the upcoming show and have asked for one of the larger tents this year as I expect a large turnout for this show!  Last year we had to add tents to the existing tent to make room for everyone! I think we had 42 members at the lunch last year which was probably the most ever!    I also gave ED a personal invite to join here and I assume he will sooner or later!  Gonna be a great show! 

:worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

MEK-Dangerous

I'm booked at the Holiday Inn express per Viperman's recommendation from last year. It's across the street from the Quality Inn. If there isn't enough room in the parking lot for the Friday night pizza party, we can always use that back part of the Quality Inn's parking lot.   :D  The Fairfield is connected to the same back lot as the Quality Inn.

Dave pays for the tent. Viperman provides Saturday's lunch. I'll pay for the Friday night pizza. Pray for no rain.   :fingerscrossed:

Rev-It-Up

:veryexcited: :veryexcited: :veryexcited: :veryexcited: :veryexcited:

We just made reservations at the HIE for Carlisle!!   :woohoo: :woohoo:
Rev-It-Up

Cuda Cody

Oh My Gosh!!!!!  I'm seriously sooooooo   :veryexcited: :veryexcited: :veryexcited:   :yes:  This is going  to be over the top awesome!  Told my wife last night that you were thinking of going to Carlisle and she remembered your car and how fascinated I was with it.   :1place:

:grouphug:  Going to be a great event!

Quote from: Rev-It-Up on February 22, 2017, 07:19:54 AM
:veryexcited: :veryexcited: :veryexcited: :veryexcited: :veryexcited:

We just made reservations at the HIE for Carlisle!!   :woohoo: :woohoo:

tedsweet

moneys is tight, i will still be t the quality inn

Cuda Cody

The important part is you will be there!!!!   :banana:  Good job @tedsweet    :drinkingbud:

Quote from: tedsweet on March 17, 2017, 01:01:50 AM

MEK-Dangerous

Hey, it's right across the street from the Holiday Inn express. The Quality Inn is OK, but just needs a face lift. I stayed there last year, and I lived.   :yes:

MOPAR FANATIC

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on March 17, 2017, 01:41:19 PM

Hey, it's right across the street from the Holiday Inn express. The Quality Inn is OK, but just needs a face lift. I stayed there last year, and I lived.   :yes:
[/quote

any rooms left mike at the h in exp?i'll be rapping with ya saturday,just curious if everythings booked by now?

Cuda Cody

I think there is.  But don't wait much longer!     :fingerscrossed:  Hope you can get a room.

Quote from: MOPAR FANATIC on March 17, 2017, 05:20:28 PM
Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on March 17, 2017, 01:41:19 PM

[/quote

any rooms left mike at the h in exp?i'll be rapping with ya saturday,just curious if everythings booked by now?