Main Menu

1970 Challenger RT Convertible - SOLD

Started by Crocha617, September 10, 2021, 05:21:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

what color was it?   :thinking:
wasn't some on here planning on a turquoise T/A type convertible a while back?  :dunno:

can you share a fender tag pic?  :rubeyes:

erik70rt

Quote from: 6bblgt on September 10, 2021, 01:04:09 PM
wasn't some on here planning on a turquoise T/A type convertible a while back?  :dunno:

That was me and the T/A 'vert project is still progressing.   Still gathering parts and completing another project before I tear my 'vert apart.  :veryexcited:

I had made the decision to go LL1 before I saw this car and when I did see this one I really liked it.  LL1 is a little darker which will compliment the black T/A accents. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

JS29

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 10, 2021, 10:50:20 AM
Point out all the flaws you want, end of the days it looks like a really decent E body vert for a good price..
:iagree:

Crocha617

Quote from: erik70rt on September 10, 2021, 01:32:13 PM

That was me and the T/A 'vert project is still progressing.   Still gathering parts and completing another project before I tear my 'vert apart.  :veryexcited:

I had made the decision to go LL1 before I saw this car and when I did see this one I really liked it.  LL1 is a little darker which will compliment the black T/A accents.

Trying to remeber did you buy the Burnt orange one from James? Whats the condition of it these days? I might do a trade .....

erik70rt

Quote from: Crocha617 on September 10, 2021, 05:18:45 PM
Quote from: erik70rt on September 10, 2021, 01:32:13 PM

Trying to remeber did you buy the Burnt orange one from James? Whats the condition of it these days? I might do a trade .....

I did get it from James a couple of years ago.  I've done a bit of work to it and it's a really nice driver.  I've accumulated a ton of parts for it to do the T/A build.  340 is at the shop now to get all the machine work done.  Gonna swap it from a 318 auto to a 340 4 spd.  Already put on a new top, carb, wheels, tires, radiator, master cylinder, wheel cylinders, ball joints and on and on.   Shoot me a PM if you want to know more.

6pack

I do not care for that color one bit.  It reminds me of 1990. I want to be reminded of 1970.  I always disliked a turquoise color for a car.

erik70rt

Quote from: 6pack on September 12, 2021, 01:38:00 PM
I do not care for that color one bit.  It reminds me of 1990. I want to be reminded of 1970.  I always disliked a turquoise color for a car.

LL1 came out in '68 and Q5 in '69.  Or do you just mean turquoise on an e=body?

6pack

I do not like that color on any car.  That is just my taste.  I do however like the car.

Crocha617

It was FY4

JH27N0B

That would have been interesting to have seen it in its original color.  I don't think I've ever seen a gold Challenger R/T convertible.
I can't make out the interior code?

erik70rt

Quote from: JH27N0B on September 14, 2021, 08:09:54 AM
That would have been interesting to have seen it in its original color.  I don't think I've ever seen a gold Challenger R/T convertible.

Looks like black vinyl buckets H6X9.

Crocha617

Quote from: erik70rt on September 14, 2021, 08:38:50 AM

Looks like black vinyl buckets H6X9.

Yes that is correct.

Crocha617

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-DODGE-CHALLENGER-R-T-CONVERTIBLE-GOLD-1-18-DIECAST-CAR-BY-GREENLIGHT-13527-/401708605941

Closest one I could find...

Brads70

6bblgt

per the available numbers:  "ONLY 15" US spec. FY4 "light gold metallic" 1970 Challenger R/T convertibles