Main Menu

V code Cuda

Started by Chryco Psycho, September 08, 2019, 05:42:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

mopar thunder

It appears to be a really nice car. I love the color on it. Being a survivor is even better.

E74cuda

Quote from: mopar thunder on September 09, 2019, 09:04:16 AM
It appears to be a really nice car. I love the color on it. Being a survivor is even better.

Like I said previously, the add is very misleading and the car is not what it seems

fc7cuda

Quote from: E74cuda on September 09, 2019, 10:41:31 AM
Quote from: mopar thunder on September 09, 2019, 09:04:16 AM

Like I said previously, the add is very misleading and the car is not what it seems

Ok, please elaborate.  :thinking:

6bblgt

something like . . . . .  old racecar found in the '80s around Buffalo, NY minus: engine, transmission, fender tag, broadcast sheet, etc.
:crazytalk: now being pimped as if it survived nearly 50 years as the "virgin queen"  :foul:

now, reread the ad - nothing is mentioned about the above components of the car being original   :thumbdown:

Fastmark

Wow. That's pretty sad. Guy must of had a lawyer to help him write up the add to make sure he did not say something he could be sued for. Where did he get the build sheet from? It looks well aged unless it was found later. I heard that a well know guy in the reproduction business had some sheets made up just to see if he could actually do it. He was able to make them look very could and a few of them got out to some high end cars without sheets. So, is it original paint or not?

6bblgt

FAKE sheet - nice paint low mileage ex-racecar

7E-Bodies

Very sad. Thanks @6bblgt for putting this out there. Needs elevated so more would know. I also know of a 70 RT, JS27NOB that an engine block has been restamped. This guy is only saying "it's a number matching engine". It also needs to be out there, but the guy is wealthy enough to feed me to a lawyer.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

anlauto

I guess I shouldn't be surprised it says "BS" right on the broadcast sheet... :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda dad

Quote from: 6bblgt on September 10, 2019, 03:02:23 AM
FAKE sheet - nice paint low mileage ex-racecar
The sheet looked pretty convincing, no fender tag.  Ad has been deleted now.

RUNCHARGER

Still a good looking car. I would still check it out and of course make an offer accordingly.
Sheldon

formula_s

Go over to MOPARTS and get the real story on the car from the Previous OWNER.

anlauto

Quote from: formula_s on September 11, 2019, 07:28:47 AM
Go over to MOPARTS and get the real story on the car from the Previous OWNER.

Do you have a link ? I couldn't find it ? :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto