Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A MO Craigs

Started by mopartaz, May 04, 2020, 03:49:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

Sounds a little too good to be true unless the market is really that soft now.

RzeroB

Something smells a bit fishy to me about this ad ... but then I'm always leary of Craigslist ads with the "anonymous" reply ... but seriously, something just seems odd about the way it is worded in very broad general descriptive terms instead of more Mopar-specific descriptive terms ... maybe it's just me??

Price seems low too ... but I just noticed that in the lower right side of the ad the "title status" says that it's "rebuilt" ... who knows??

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

ec_co

JH23J0B281224 or 261224

I would think even a 'lost my job need $$ fast' scenario would be $10k more
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

RzeroB

Quote from: ec_co on May 04, 2020, 04:11:06 PM
JHJ0B281224 or 261224

How did you "see" the VIN?? Were you somehow able to "zoom-in" on the fender tag?? How do you do that?? It always becomes pixilated an blurry when I try that. I need whatever software or technique that you are using in order to do that!!
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

ec_co

Quote from: RzeroB on May 04, 2020, 04:20:58 PM
Quote from: ec_co on May 04, 2020, 04:11:06 PM
JHJ0B281224 or 261224

How did you "see" the VIN?? Were you somehow able to "zoom-in" on the fender tag?? How do you do that?? It always becomes pixilated an blurry when I try that. I need whatever software or technique that you are using in order to do that!!

yup, I just used cntrl+ to zoom in on the CR photo (doesn't work as well when I download it and then try to zoom, it's more pixelated). probably just a little better monitor where I can read it zoomed??
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

6bblgt

if you ZOOM in on it it's pretty clear - JH23J0B281224  :takealook:

cuda hunter

text:
(805) 876-4215

Has anyone  called or texted?

I definitely need to get a better screen and keyboard.  I can't get it to look good enough to read. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Or tried emailing them?

50e93aacf38536fabbba818292ac9d06@sale.craigslist.org <50e93aacf38536fabbba818292ac9d06@sale.craigslist.org>;
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

6bblgt

:stop:
I had the fender tag picture  :D  it was previously advertised at Gateway January 2019, same pictures but with the "Gateway" logo
                wonder if it outlived its contracted time at Gateway w/o a reasonable offer and now the seller is going at it alone ??? 

anlauto

Quote from: 6bblgt on May 04, 2020, 07:55:45 PM
:stop:
I had the fender tag picture  :D  it was previously advertised at Gateway January 2019, same pictures but with the "Gateway" logo
                wonder if it outlived its contracted time at Gateway w/o a reasonable offer and now the seller is going at it alone ???

:haha: :haha: I was thinking you had some "Magic Zoom" or something....I tried with no luck whatsoever.. :headbang:  Nice tag, looks almost brand new  :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

mopartaz

Yeah I hate these flowery vague descriptions . Guess the only way to find out is to email or call.  Would be interesting to know if thats the original engine at the very least of a looong list of questions.

Bossgold

What Do you want to know about the car....the pictures in Craigslist were taken in Phoenix AZ at Gateway Classics Scottsdale office parking lot. The car sold at Mecum for a Hammer of $ 60, 500. I know this car inside and out - I tried to buy it. Craigslist...Its a total scam....notice there is no name with phone number? The guy that owns it lives in Phoenix.....don't know where or how they got these pictures but these were in possession of Gateway and the previous owner Rob B.  This car needs work...not bad but there are some things that need to be addressed. Its a power steering, 4 spd, numbers car. Spoke to the owner tonite....its not $ 40 K and even at a respectable price there are some things I would address before I came to an offer. But Hey, after I was told no by the previous owner....I packed up, moved on and found my AAR 4 speed in Detroit....you never know what lies ahead...right. The best metaphor I can give about this experience .......So this was one of those "summertime girlfriends that was on vacation" but for some reason it never quite worked out, smok'in hot, but just wasn't in the cards. Then your buddy introduces you to the one you marry....but you always wonder - what if?

Bossgold

here is the phone number owner.....Hmmm unregistered? well that's interesting. I elect Cody to call and leave a message about a stolen car out of AZ