Main Menu

1970 Hemi Challenger, FC7, 4spd, A34 Dana, Reggie Jackson car

Started by LoStHeMi, July 25, 2023, 10:48:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RzeroB

Very low miles and not a whole lot of options on it ... might have been a race car early in it's life. Here's the tag for @cuda hunter  ...  :cheers:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

headejm

:1place:

Does the font on the fender tag look odd to anyone besides me?

cuda hunter

Thanks Tom!! 

Headejm, it looks like heavy paint to me.  Could be wrong though. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Factory 4-speed FC7 Plum Crazy Hemi Challenger R/T hardtop
- Part of the Reggie Jackson collection since the 1980s
- Older restoration that still presents well
- Approximately 420 miles on restoration
- 1 of 287 produced for 1970
- 426/425 HP Hemi V-8 engine
- 4-speed manual transmission
- A34 Super Track Pak with 4.10 gears
- Dana 9 3/4 axle with Sure Grip
- Chrysler Registry Report

Where else is the car listed? 
I can't find the mileage report.
Nor do I see a tag detail on that website. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

MoparCarGuy

Quote from: headejm on July 25, 2023, 04:16:44 PM
:1place:
Does the font on the fender tag look odd to anyone besides me?

JS23R0B181040 tag looks correct and is an original fender tag. Here is another original 70 Challenger R/T Hemi fender tag with an SPD of November (5 days later on B11) for comparison. The car is up for auction at Mecum in Monterey in August 2023.  https://www.mecum.com/lots/1096754/1970-dodge-hemi-challenger-r-t/

LoStHeMi

MoparCarGuy

Not seeing a difference in the numeral 1's. Can you elaborate?

LoStHeMi

the FC7 tag has 1's where the top point straight out, 90 degrees...  the blue angle down on top...  at least to me,,, i noticed it on the regular pic without zooming...  ?   :notsure:

cuda hunter

MONC

Interesting on the '1's . 
Wonder if they changed fonts at some point.
Here is mine on 71 Challenger RT - has 'angled' '1's .

RzeroB

Quote from: LoStHeMi on July 27, 2023, 02:41:27 PM
the FC7 tag has 1's where the top point straight out, 90 degrees...  the blue angle down on top...  at least to me,,, i noticed it on the regular pic without zooming...  ?   :notsure:

Dude!! You have got some eagle eyes!!  :takealook:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

RUNCHARGER

It's hard to believe but that car is kind of ugly. I don't know if it's the lack of rallye wheels, way too high arched rear springs or lack of stripes. This car should look awesome but it doesn't cut it for me. Wrong wheels and tires too. I guess it's just a combo of everything.
Sheldon

anlauto

So do you guys think that every single tag for the Hamtramck Plant used the same machine ? The number dies were never changed ? The "ones" never varied ? That's a long stretch ....Keep in mind this was not rocket science at the time, they likely cared less about "fonts" then we do now.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

LoStHeMi

earlier in the post, the two tags posted are supposedly 5 days apart,,, that's what made me wonder.