Main Menu

1970 Plymouth Barracuda REAL FM3 Moulin rouge car

Started by MasonDaniel7, September 13, 2020, 12:28:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

check it out!!  :rubeyes:

of interest: it's a 1970 "A93" Barracuda coupe
:brainiac: it is "scheduled" 720 (7/20/70) & that appears to be an original FM3 paint 1971 decklid  :takealook:

cudamadd

I have never seen a coupe like this before with fixed quarter windows. Are they rare ?  :australia:

6bblgt

Quote from: cudamadd on September 13, 2020, 01:49:10 AM
I have never seen a coupe like this before with fixed quarter windows. Are they rare ?  :australia:

it was a "spring special" lower base price cheaper Barracuda ~1500 made for 1970

cudamadd

Fastmark

Man that sure brings back memory's. My first real mopar was a 70 Cuda. I bought  it as a sophomore in high school. It was a FM3 Cuda, 383 with a 3 speed manual and a factory gull wing. Seeing how rare that combo was, it may have been the only one. I changed the color slightly to a AMC plum color and installed a 4 speed. Traded it in 76 for the AAR I still have. It ended up in a junk yard in San Angelo, Texas.

YYZ

It also has the el-cheapo upholstery too -- no ribbing on the inserts as you would find on a standard Barracuda or 'Cuda.

anlauto

Be a great candidate for one of those WAY upside-down restorations  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rich G.

I talked to the owner and I'm thinking of trying to get this but it needs a ton of work which I don't mind doing but what is a plain Jane Cuda really worth. I know the color is what's driving the price up. You'll definitely be at least 40k to do a nice restoration yourself.

anlauto

Once you invest $50K-$60K total into it.....you would have at least a $35K car...maybe more depending on the level of restoration :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

This one of ^&%^ stuff doesn't really iimpress me much. However for some reason I think this would really be a cool car to do with the 3 by the knee, 318 and colour. Very interesting car.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 13, 2020, 07:35:50 AM
This one of ^&%^ stuff doesn't really iimpress me much. However for some reason I think this would really be a cool car to do with the 3 by the knee, 318 and colour. Very interesting car.

There was a guy on this web site or the old CC.com that did a nice clean detailed resto on a rather plain 318 FM3 Challenger :thinking:

I agree, this is kinda of a unique car and it would be interesting to see it restored back 100% to the sheet..

cuda hunter

So, the owner claims it needs full floors and frame rails.  Assuming all 4 frame rails.
From the pictures it needs rockers, full quarters, tail panel, cowl, fire wall, front fender aprons, trunk, possibly the trunk lid. 
  This thing is beat.  Pennsylvania rust.  I'm amazed it is at 8300 at this point. 
I don't get how the color pink drives the price up to the point that it makes replacing literally every piece of metal on the car worth it. 
  What's under that pink lip stick on that pig?  I'd be willing to bet that isn't a quality body/metal work condition under that pink lipstick.   

Not saying it wouldn't be cool to see it restored, I'm saying I'm surprised anyone would tackle it with that many items being wrong.

No mention of a build sheet. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on September 13, 2020, 12:17:05 PM
So, the owner claims it needs full floors and frame rails.  Assuming all 4 frame rails.
From the pictures it needs rockers, full quarters, tail panel, cowl, fire wall, front fender aprons, trunk, possibly the trunk lid. 
  This thing is beat.  Pennsylvania rust.  I'm amazed it is at 8300 at this point. 
I don't get how the color pink drives the price up to the point that it makes replacing literally every piece of metal on the car worth it. 
  What's under that pink lip stick on that pig?  I'd be willing to bet that isn't a quality body/metal work condition under that pink lipstick.   

Not saying it wouldn't be cool to see it restored, I'm saying I'm surprised anyone would tackle it with that many items being wrong.

No mention of a build sheet.

Who said that ?
FM3 is desirable, but no colour in the world would make a full restoration on this car "worth it."

cuda hunter

No one here.  I'm mostly talking about how the price is on the ebay listing. I'm just surprised.
That ev2 m46 I was looking at wasn't quite as bad as this one and it didn't bring 8300 plus fees.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee