Main Menu

1971 Challenger Convertible, white, "special order" ?

Started by LoStHeMi, December 10, 2023, 02:48:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mr Cuda

It's new math being used to describe condition.
 95% of each panel has no rust.  Unfortunately,  each panels rust is attached to the others 5% leading to a hole.
 I love the non tag, fender tag.
That he wants to keep to put on his next flip.
 Unfortunately,  someone will buy this and give him a good payday 
 Everyone had the same chance to buy it at the auction,  so we can't hate him for that.
 Those seats are hideous.  At first I thought they were cordoba,  until I realized the back seat matched

57Fury440

Weren't cars that had a "body in white" tag on them made to be used as race cars? I don't think a real body in white car came with a VIN. This just looks like a Challenger convert. that is missing its fender tag. Still a nice car but is not "mostly rust free".

cuda hunter

The only body in white that I have seen was that 72 or 73 that was for sale for a while.  No one wanted to buy it and do anything to it as it had the original grid pattern on all of the white body. 
  I thought that had a vin.  But I am not certain.  Looking for the pics but unsuccessful so far. 

This challenger is not a body in white. AFAIK
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

57Fury440

I agree, not a body in white, just a seller trying to make the car more special. It appears the original fender tag is gone.

RUNCHARGER

Agree: That tag is off something else. Maybe it was white at some time but that doesn't make it a "body in white" like the Pro Stock racecars were built from. Looks like a reasonable builder for an unreasonable price.
Sheldon