Started by dbishop1113, November 10, 2019, 06:15:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dbishop1113

Prime red, whole car was blasted and epoxy primered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoooter

My 71 has both the AC codes. Not sure why this one doesn't

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dbishop1113

Would like to know why you assume rebody over dealer or aftermarket installed ac; there was no sign of firewall replacement when blasted primered....also these cars were pumped out so fast than tag mistakes happen.

I'm no expert but the firewall appears original with vin stamping.  Tag shows vin stamping. 

anlauto

I didn't mean any disrespect by saying it's likely a rebody. Plenty or cars are restored using better shells, it quite common. :alan2cents:

The shell of the car clearly was an AC car, it also appears to have had power windows, both of those options are not on the tag. Although hard to tell in these photos with the car now in primer, but the area along the lower windshield at the top of the cowl has been welded and grinded all along that area, not quite clear is the area where the upper cowl attaches to the firewall, but it also appears as if the factory spot welds are all missing and that area has been welded and ground down as well. Without seeing the car in person I would ASSUME that the original cowl was added to the AC firewall....AGAIN just my opinion. It's also a fairly late build 1971, yet other areas like the PS inner apron and trunk floor show characteristics of a 1970 E Body.

Mistakes on fender tags have been found over the years, but the oversight of the AC and possible PW...,makes it very questionable

There's no real big deal here, it's still going to make a great Hemi Resto-mod  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

dbishop1113

What are you seeing that says power windows?  Curious?
I don't think the doors are original to car

anlauto

Both door posts have the large access holes for the PW wire harness.

Shoooter

I did not notice the power windows hole, but I've never see one before so I didnt know where to look. As for the rebody,  I'm assuming it was done years ago possibly at the last time the cuda was restored. After looking at the firewall pictures it does appear work has been done one the car at one point. Both AC codes wouldnt have been missed imo. My car is a late build 71 with AC and the codes are on the tag. Future buyer would switch out the firewall?? Do have any pictures of the underside ? Look at the rear e brake cable holes on the frame. Is there one on each side or one bracket with two holes?

HP_Cuda

Well the cowl + the rad + vin = don't match which happens with cars this old but with everything else that was pointed out it seems to have issues.

:popcorn:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

I had a potential customer call me inquiring about doing a complete restoration on this car.
My advice to him was that it would make a great "resto-mod" because it's already headed in that direction, and that it wasn't the best candidate for an OE type restoration...

He was calling me because the current asking price is very attractive compared to other 71 Cuda projects out there.

dbishop1113

Sold!

anlauto

Congratulations on the sale, any idea where the car is headed to ? Did you get your asking price ?

dbishop1113

Iowa, pretty close

nsmall

Congratulations.  Good luck with your other projects.

cuda hunter

great to hear.  it's about time.  Surprising how long it took.  The winter market can be tough. 

:banana: :banana:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee