Main Menu

1971 V code R/T Challenger 4 speed Plum Crazy $40k

Started by GrandpaKevin, December 03, 2023, 06:15:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mr Cuda

RUNCHARGER

Well: That would explain why it hasn't sold. That's why I always put eyes on something before handing cash over.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

A rebody is such a scarlet letter for a car, you wonder what value one has, if anything beyond parts?
A friend of mine bought a triple black RT/SE project from a restoration shop in the area that was going under, around 10 years ago.  He's works on and off on it but not finished yet.  I always wonder but don't want to step on his toes by asking, why he'd buy a rebody. Yeah it'll be beautiful when finished but still, it'll always be considered fatally flawed by most.
Thanks to Dan for answering the question "why is this car so cheap".

anlauto

Well now we know why it's "priced accordingly" but surprisingly enough, there's an ass for every seat, some people could care less about the whole number thing, they see a cool car they can afford, so they buy it a drive it...isn't that what it's all about ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Same old dilemma, nice to see the VIN live on and the car is more structurally sound than a total AMD car but I don't want it myself. In this case if it had the matching engine and trans I suppose it would help but the dash doesn't match anything else.
Sheldon

Flatdad

It would seem a lot less scummy to me if the entire unibody was replaced by a unibody built of AMD parts rather than a body that belongs to a different VIN. It would still be a rebody, but not passing off a lower level car for a more valuable one. I felt bad enough grafting a roof from another car onto mine.