Main Menu

1971 Dodge Challenger CONVERTIBLE SURVIVOR

Started by MasonDaniel7, August 07, 2021, 12:16:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

71vert340

Nice looking convertible. I'd sure like to see that spare tire and if it's mounted to the original spare tire bracket or just placed in there. It will be interesting to see how high it goes.
Terry  W.

JH27N0B

That car has been advertised on and off for awhile, I recognize the garage from other nice Mopars listed on eBay over the years so the guy is apparently a flipper of some sort.
It would be interesting to know what is trying to get for it.  Certainly more than anyone has been willing to pay so far!
My educated guess is that it's worth 50-55K and he wants closer to 70.

6pack

That's a nice one. I agree with all the comments too.  It would look nice in the garage.  A women owner is not always a plus in the maintenance department.

superdave

Yeah, I remember that one from a few years ago but I don't remember what they were asking for it. Would love to own that one  8)

70vert

I agree, it would be a sweet deal at the current $41k or even up to $50k (assuming it is what it says). But it is not the high end collector car that would bring $70k+.

Quote from: JH27N0B on August 07, 2021, 06:41:01 AM
That car has been advertised on and off for awhile, I recognize the garage from other nice Mopars listed on eBay over the years so the guy is apparently a flipper of some sort.
It would be interesting to know what is trying to get for it.  Certainly more than anyone has been willing to pay so far!
My educated guess is that it's worth 50-55K and he wants closer to 70.

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

Survivor ??? According to the ad the car was repainted....

anlauto

Yea, and I wonder if it came with those wheels from the factory  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6pack

Some people think if a car still works that it is a survivor.

70vert

Haha, I think most people would consider a 40+ year old car in that shape a survivor even if it doesn't meet the requirements of the collector clans. I would not call a re-painted car a survivor either, but curious if the criteria are documented?

Quote from: 6pack on August 08, 2021, 07:42:39 AM
Some people think if a car still works that it is a survivor.

headejm

Shouldn't the spare be coded 81 on the broadcast sheet?   :notsure: