Main Menu

70 Ebody Rebuilt Steering column

Started by SFEBODY, January 19, 2020, 07:26:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

SFEBODY

Hey folks, bought this off a member but can't use it because it is for a floor shift manual steering E Body. My Challenger has Power Steering. I rebuilt it before I realized it was not for a Power Steering car. It is ready to go with new bearings, seals, key switch (2 keys) ignitions switch, turn signal switch, turn signal lever and all fasteners soaked rust removed and put back.

Am selling as a rebuilt item, please note the paint is not concourse, it is from a rattle can.
can.

$500.00 plus ride.

Located in Los Angeles area

Price is without Steering wheel. But if you want it ad $50.

anlauto

You can make it fit by tapping the shaft inward 3", breaking the plastic pins (if not already broke). Maybe not the best plan, but a lot of folks are doing it. :dunno: Or because you've already done the hard work, you can pretty easily swap out the center shaft with the correct one.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

6pack

Cody has a great utube on how to deal with the column/shaft.  Tapping it in 3 inches works but removes the safety factor of a collapsible shat if in an accident.  Just do as others said and swap the shaft and then sell the other one.

SFEBODY

Thanks all, but decided to just do a little better paint and rebuild on my original. Was trying to get away with not rebuilding either but I am good at it now! :wrenching:

Cuda Cody

We've now learned that the glue to redo the shaft is Loctite 660.  Should be easy to switch it over to the new length.