Main Menu

70 Barracuda value, all 10 VINS car BS23H

Started by ramiron, October 06, 2019, 05:25:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 06, 2019, 10:12:07 AM
Wow: I just don't know how that's possible. Materials are at least $5k.

Exactly :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Ricomondo

I did not see what the seller was asking? Hard to go off a written description, but hopefully the person going to see the car for you has a working knowledge of E bodies?

Check those inner fender hinge areas, they are prone to swelling  (rust). How about the wiring? especially under the dash?

Just don't get emotionally attached because it may seem like a great deal. As mentioned above, things can snowball quickly.

Good luck!
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

JS29

I figure at least a thousand dollars in materials if it's not one of these red's that have a lot of pearl in them. clear has gotten ridicules lately. :foul: thank you tree hugging freak's!  :alan2cents:

70 Challenger Lover

There must be different levels I would guess. I can't imagine you get the very best for those prices. The orange paint I bought for the Challenger was around $400 to my door with reducers

Moprr

When I was getting my car painted everyone in the city quoted me approx 20000.  I went out of the city north and paid 6500.  People didn't believe when I told them how much I paid.  This was for final body and paint all metal work done already.  He uses paint he swear by that he has been using for years. 

Rich G.

Quote from: anlauto on October 06, 2019, 07:12:20 AM
Quote from: Rich G. on October 06, 2019, 06:30:15 AM
My guess would be high teens low twenty's.

I don't think you'll find a fairly rust free documented numbers matching 70 Cuda in the "high teens" anymore.  :alan2cents:

You're right Alan but this car is far from rust free.

cuda hunter

@ramiron

What's the fender tag readout?

Please post your buying price when you get it so we can successfully help the next guy that needs a value on a car. please.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

torredcuda

Shop line materials can be had a lot cheaper but $5k won`t get you are high quality job around here for that much.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Katfish

Quote from: 6pack on October 06, 2019, 07:07:39 AM
Most people buy a project like this because they can't afford a nice car.  If you can afford a nice car I suggest you get one.  You will quickly be over your head on this.  The time to finish is extreme.  The pain in the ass is real.  Trying to schedule each person to do their part never meshes in your favor.  Even a finished car needs finishing.  Also, you will be paying insurance on a car that is always all apart.  Good luck!

This is your best advice, I would only consider a car like this if you just want a driver.
If your goal is "car show" quality, buy something already done.
Nice paint is the equivalent to a pool for a house.
Way too expensive and you are lucky to recoup 1/2 the cost.

ramiron

It has a new home at my daughters house, moving it tomorrow.
Thanks to everyone who offered advice and opinions.
I will post up pix as time and location permit.  2k mile separation currently.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Katfish

Maybe I missed it, but exactly does "10 VIN" numbers signify?

70 Challenger Lover

I think he is referring to the resource buyers guide Cody posted on the forum about buying your first e body.

anlauto

Quote from: Katfish on October 06, 2019, 05:41:38 PM
Maybe I missed it, but exactly does "10 VIN" numbers signify?

He means the ten locations you'll find the VIN (or partial VIN) on a well documented car. I've always said there was 11 but who's counting.

1)   Dash Tag
2)   Fender Tag
3)   Broadcast Sheet
4)   Upper Cowl
5)   Rad Support
6)   Engine Block
7)   Transmission Case
8 )   DS Door Sticker
9)   Warranty Card
10) Window Sticker
11) Title/Ownership

Cuda Cody

Congratulation!   :banana:   :veryexcited:

Quote from: ramiron on October 06, 2019, 02:40:46 PM
It has a new home at my daughters house, moving it tomorrow.
Thanks to everyone who offered advice and opinions.
I will post up pix as time and location permit.  2k mile separation currently.