Main Menu

70 Barracuda value, all 10 VINS car BS23H

Started by ramiron, October 06, 2019, 05:25:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Yes and kinda yes.  :yes:  The first 10 on the list come with the car originally and even if some of them on the list can be reproduced, it's best to have or keep the originals with the car.

1)   Dash Tag
2)   Fender Tag
3)   Broadcast Sheet
4)   Upper Cowl
5)   Rad Support
6)   Engine Block
7)   Transmission Case
8 )   DS Door Sticker
9)   Warranty Card
10)   Window Sticker

Number 11 changes / updates each time the car is sold and can be produced for any car even if the title is lost.

11) Title/Ownership

It would be super rare and beyond cool to find an E-Body with the original title from 1970 to 1974, but it rarely happens these days.  But you are correct the title is needed to own a car and it better match the car being purchased.  :)

Quote from: anlauto on October 06, 2019, 07:28:59 PM
Quote from: Katfish on October 06, 2019, 05:41:38 PM
Maybe I missed it, but exactly does "10 VIN" numbers signify?

He means the ten locations you'll find the VIN (or partial VIN) on a well documented car. I've always said there was 11 but who's counting.

1)   Dash Tag
2)   Fender Tag
3)   Broadcast Sheet
4)   Upper Cowl
5)   Rad Support
6)   Engine Block
7)   Transmission Case
8 )   DS Door Sticker
9)   Warranty Card
10) Window Sticker
11) Title/Ownership

anlauto

In Canada all cars have ownerships, so it's best to buy a car that comes with one.

I had a guy contact me just last week looking to buy a dash VIN and ownership for a shell he was building  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ramiron

It is a one owner, 99k miles, and the guy kept Everything.   I didn't know if it had the warranty card, but my son moved the car for me today and took a pic of the Chrysler Warranty card with VIN and owner name.  Since it is a one owner I am pleased to have all of the doc., including the original title, original keys and key tags,  plus his order form and other miscellaneous records w/o vin.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

70 Challenger Lover

I love the car! Great find. Hopefully the rust is limited to the front fenders. If it were me, I'd remove all the add on junk, get it running and driving nicely, and then just enjoy it a while. You can even put patches in those fender areas without taking the car off the road. A lot of folks really appreciate a car that is in survivor condition like this so there really is no need to rush into a restoration just yet.

I'm sure most of us would love to see the fender tags. Always fun to see what kind of unusual options are on these survivor finds.

RUNCHARGER

Great car. Congrats, Yeah I bet the add ons will hit the garbage can pretty quick. I also would get it running and drive it awhile before restoring it.
Sheldon

ramiron

Quote from: anlauto on October 08, 2019, 03:39:39 AM
Who owned the car, Inspector Gadget ?
:yes:   It would appear so.   :o  He may have been an installer for police/fire in the area.   The sell sort of reflected that. with some items.

ramiron

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on October 08, 2019, 05:37:25 AM
I love the car! Great find. Hopefully the rust is limited to the front fenders. If it were me, I'd remove all the add on junk, get it running and driving nicely, and then just enjoy it a while. You can even put patches in those fender areas without taking the car off the road. A lot of folks really appreciate a car that is in survivor condition like this so there really is no need to rush into a restoration just yet.

I'm sure most of us would love to see the fender tags. Always fun to see what kind of unusual options are on these survivor finds.
I will try to post up the two fender tags later today, after getting some choirs done.  So anxious to see the car in person, but that can't happen for a few months.  Many thanks to our son for being our eyes and proxy at the sale.    :banana:

:thankyou:     Okay, two fender tags.  I haven't used the forum tag "decoder" yet using the new clear pictures of the tags but will drop the pix here and decode later today.  What a Great Tool that is!  :perfect10:

anlauto

ramiron

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 08, 2019, 07:00:33 AM
Great car. Congrats, Yeah I bet the add ons will hit the garbage can pretty quick. I also would get it running and drive it awhile before restoring it.
Thanks.  It won't take me long to clean some of that "stuff" out once we get in a position to touch it.  I May have two CB antennas for sell later if you have an interest??  :looney:
I asked if he blew the carbon out for us, since it does run, he said, well I did scratch the tires a little.   :burnout:   Anyone want to buy my FL home (really) so I can move to the stored car??

ramiron

Quote from: anlauto on October 08, 2019, 07:16:41 AM
So "what's it worth" ? Were we close ?
I realize it is difficult to estimate value on the limited information available in my request for opinions.  I appreciate all of the opinions and as everyone knows, the estimates varied pretty widely.  We were pleased where we ended up, and think that we didn't get hurt too badly, if I fix it as a driver or cruise night car, not for full restoration.  I would have to say that we did not hit the high teens.   

Thanks to all who participated with info.   :veryexcited:

anlauto

JS29

ramiron

Quote from: anlauto on October 08, 2019, 07:46:15 AM
Sounds like you stole it  :banana:
Thanks, we are pleased, even if our son did  exceed our offer limit by about $400.    :ohyeah:

cuda hunter

400 bucks is a drop in the hat.  Good on your son for going above to get it! 

Great price for an awesome car.  Keep it a survivor!  It deserves that. 

And thanks for letting us know the approximate value. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee