Main Menu

70 Challenger Convertible $31K

Started by MKA, April 30, 2022, 12:48:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MKA

Facebook ad.  Public group.   California

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1537662559842992/permalink/3257749717834259/?sale_post_id=3257749717834259

Seller Description:

Selling my 70 Dodge Challenger convertible. Was a 318 but currently has a 70 340 installed. 904 auto with an 8-3/4 rear end. Does not run but does turn over. I have not tried to start it as it needs a carb. Previously set up as a 340 6 pack but it has been removed. Power top, AC, Power steering. Top works but needs vinyl replaced. Car is super solid with a little rust in the drivers fender bottom and drivers rocker. Surface rust in the trunk but no through holes. Had  some small pinholes in the passenger side floor up high which were patched with POR15 putty and then POR15 paint. Divers side under the rear seat got the same treatment. This car was sold new in San Antonio and spent it`s life in Texas and Oklahoma so it`s in great shape for a convertible. Unmolested interior wiring and dash. No wiring issues. Put a battery in it and everything pretty much works. New carpet installed. Very nice original green interior that I have slowly been restoring. 1 split in passenger seat that`s it. Body is pretty clean and straight with a couple whiskey dents but no metal replacement needed. Driver door has been changed out in the past but fit`s well and closes nice. New 15x7 and 15x8 wheels with 275/60/15 on the rear and 215/65/15 up front. Also new caps. If you don`t want the wheels I will knock off $1500 and supply some 14" steel rollers with original caps. I do have the build sheet in pretty good condition. Clear title, not salvage and the fender tag is present.
I do like this car and enjoy slowly cleaning it up but I have another that I want to dump some money in without breaking into my savings. Don`t need to sell it and if I don`t I will continue slowly working on it. E-bodies have always commanded good money and they are still on the rise. If you don`t like my price, that is ok as we are all entitled to our opinions. Please don`t ask what I will take for it or what my lowest price is. Make an offer and we will go from there. Don`t really care if you bought one back in the 80`s for $2k and I`m pretty sure nobody else does either. I`m 60 years old so I get it, things were cheaper back then. We all get it so give it a rest. Scammers and idiots are welcome to post or message as you guys are fun as hell to mess with. Lowballing doesn`t bother me as it`s quite easy to say no or yes and I wont be insulted. I can take cash, wire, check etc. but it won`t leave till I`m satisfied the funds are good. Thanx.

cuda hunter

Thanks for posting this up.  That is a very reasonable price.

Cool color combo for those that like yellow and green.
Neither are my top colors but I bet this is a stunning looking car when cleaned and out in the light.

Yellow with dark green interior must really pop!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Mopsquad

Very entertaining description by the owner.  Justifiably entertaining. 

ragtopdodge

You'd get more money for it if it was running and driving.

Are you saying it runs just fine w/a new battery?

:huh:

AlmostNOS

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

MKA

No, I just came across it surfing FB.   I know the way I copied the ad makes it looks that way, but was just trying to save the seller description as sometimes they get deleted quickly.

@cuda hunter

cuda hunter

Ok, cool.  I kinda figured that but wanted to check.  Wasn't a "not mine" at the top.  Thanks.