Main Menu

RARE Two Tone 1970 Challenger R/T

Started by anlauto, January 09, 2017, 07:39:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Plum Crazy Purple on white vinyl with white longitudinal pinstriping.
Ordered new at Courtesy Dodge in Raleigh, North Carolina.
R/T package car with 440 4BBL engine and Torqueflite automatic. Very rare EW1 white painted roof option, not a vinyl roof. Fully documented including the factory build sheet, ownership records back to new in the state of North Carolina and photo diary of the car pre-restoration, during restoration and at its completion. No details overlooked. Only test mileage since restoration to ensure the car both functions as well as it appears. A high quality beautifully detailed and restored example of a rare and unique Challenger. Featured in December 2012 Mopar Collector magazine. Believed to be the only Challenger R/T with this option combination: Rallye instrument cluster group, A727 Torqueflite auto, 440 4BBL engine, ?Plum Crazy? high impact colour, AM radio, ?V02? two tone with white painted roof, longitudinal stripe in white. Asking $95,000.00 CDN Car now wear 14" rally rims, but factory rims/caps are included.

PM me here or contact the owner directly:
Contact David at dmounsey@cogeco.ca

MORE PICTURES: http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/FORSALE-1970-CHALLENGER.html
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

@anlauto What is holding that car back? It's beautiful and unique. I love the painted roof option!  :notsure:

fc7cuda

I've always liked that car!   :perfect10:

Soft spot since I had a JS29U0, FC7/V1W car.

Tom

Cuda Cody

:perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10: 

That's is one Beautiful Challenger!   :clapping:  I love the 2 tome painted top option.  Whoever ends up with that car is going to be a very lucky person. 

anlauto

Biggest hold back is the column auto I believe, so much so my buddy has contemplated going to a floor shift auto just to sell the car.
The paint and body on this thing has to be seen to be believed....it's perfect :perfect10: 
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

blown motor

Just sold at Mecum - 70 Challenger RT, 383, automatic, blue with white side stripe, white out hood, white interior AND white painted roof. $34,000!!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

headejm

Quote from: blown motor on January 10, 2017, 01:24:44 PM
Just sold at Mecum - 70 Challenger RT, 383, automatic, blue with white side stripe, white out hood, white interior AND white painted roof. $34,000!!

Numbers matching? Any other details?  :popcorn:

anlauto

Is this the one ? https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-268349/1970-dodge-challenger-rt/  Looks like a vinyl top to me....Only reason I say that is because I've never seen another white PAINTED top  :unbelievable:

Ant this one for $34 is a turd in comparison :alan2cents:

blown motor

I watched it sell Alan and could see no evidence of a vinyl top, no visible sign of a seam. It did include broadcast sheet. I think the white out on the hood hurt it more than helped it. No mention of numbers matching.

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on January 10, 2017, 02:18:48 PM
I watched it sell Alan and could see no evidence of a vinyl top, no visible sign of a seam. It did include broadcast sheet. I think the white out on the hood hurt it more than helped it. No mention of numbers matching.
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0117-268349/1970-dodge-challenger-rt/
Must be a different car ? This one sold for $34K and I can clearly see a seam in the top in the second picture

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on January 10, 2017, 01:24:44 PM

Can somebody help me find this car ? I've searched the Mecum web site a few different ways with no luck :pullinghair:

blown motor

Alan, the link you posted is the car. The picture shows no side stripe but the car that sold with that lot number had one. As for the roof, it looked to me like no vinyl although they made no mention of that.

anlauto

Well that's weird...old pictures I guess....Maybe a little "fluff" to add to the auction magic ! :whiteflag: