Main Menu

70 rt/se v code

Started by moparx5, March 27, 2022, 06:56:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

moparx5

drove this car maybe 5 times last summer and it's a shame to just let her sit, maybe someone here would have a better purpose for it than myself. short history of the car, i bought from original owner roughly 5 years ago . car has 16,230 give or take orig miles, the 1st owner bought as a leftover in 71 drove on the road summer months only for 2 years then took it drag racing in 73. orig motor was removed and stored in corner of garage and it was raced with a hemi. Car was very successful  as most all the class win stickers are still on the side glass as well as the orig mass 1973 inspection sticker. car was parked somewhere in late 70s till i bought it. Car has all the orig sheet metal with the adition of the shaker by me at time of re paint (orig hood is in my garage) rear quarters were cut in front of wheel well and reworked with AMD sheet metal, inner and outer wheel wells were also replaced , the back seat foot well floor pan was also replaced only because he ran some ladder bars off rear end that resulted in some damage and drilled holes that were just easier to fix with new panels. other than that there was absolutely no rust any where on this car and no collision damage. interior has new head liner, carpet , and re pop seat belts everything else is orig to car, all trim is orig minus front hood trim and deck lid trim. motor and trans match the vin rear end is from the roadrunner he got the hemi out of back in 73 so car has off set shackles to accommodate. front suspension is all orig to car with moog rebuild. trans had a crash box in it so all gears and Syncros were bought from brewers to bring it back to factory condition. the dana was completely rebuilt clutches bearings 3.55 ring gear. i dont claim this car to be a factory restored example but the parts on the car came with the car and im sure it can be picked apart for the wrong screw holding something on and so on,,,,,, I bought it for what it was, and knew it's local history and owner since the late 80's this is not a fire sale !! car doesn't owe me a penny but i have a 71 barracuda i started before i picked this one up and a 67 i built that is a blast to drive so to let the challenger go to some here that could respect and enjoy it would be worth it to me. i was thinking mid 80's is a reasonable price but that's my opinion, I'm sure I'll hear plenty others when this post comes out. all opinions and questions are welcome as well as reasonable offers. Not to interested in trades but doesn't hurt to hear an offer. car drives great , stops good sorry no test pilots. i will post a few basic pics as most of them have been on this site  feel free to ask if there is something specific you want to see  have fender tag and build sheet car is in mass 20 miles outside of Boston
thanks for your interest
mike

anlauto

Great exterior colour combo, what's the interior colour?  :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

moparx5

anlauto

Quote from: moparx5 on March 27, 2022, 07:05:24 PM
black

WOW...that's a lot of different colours, very cool car :drooling: .....although I was hoping you'd say white interior.... :-[
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

moparx5

thanks for fixing that pic
and yes white would have been my choice too

70 Challenger Lover

How about a few more pics? Did you have a fender tag? I might have missed it in your description.

moparx5

yes tag and build sheet

moparx5

most pics are on my phone slow to shift over

6bblgt

Quote from: anlauto on March 27, 2022, 07:13:10 PM
black

WOW...that's a lot of different colours, very cool car :drooling: .....although I was hoping you'd say white interior.... :-[

NO factory white interior in a '70 R/T SE  :('

anlauto

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 27, 2022, 07:48:41 PM
Quote from: anlauto on March 27, 2022, 07:13:10 PM
black

NO factory white interior in a '70 R/T SE  :('

Again Dan, excellent info...never really thought about it... :worship:

ebodyproducts

My original 70 RT/SE has black interior. Didn't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

moparx5

its in the post, was thinking worth to mid 80's

70 Challenger Lover

Did the fender tag survive? Any chance we could see it?

Mr Cuda

Tag, price, in the post. Well worth the mid eighties,  but easy to say not being a buyer.

moparx5

yes tag and paperwork survived just fine,,, bone stock , not much options on this old factory hotrod