Main Menu

‘70 Vanishing Point Challenger

Started by 303 Mopar, November 28, 2018, 06:43:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/1970-dodge-challenger/6755321879.html

1970 Dodge Challenger - Vanishing Point Movie Car

want to drive a white 1970 Challenger that looks like the Vanishing Point Movie Car - here is a daily driver original paint white 1970 dodge challenger coupe. The car has been gone thew to male it a safe, reliable, daily driver.

The car has a clean California title, is currently registered, and starts, runs drives and stops great. A real, turn key, daily driver that you can fly in and drive home anywhere. A fun car today that you can make better as time goes on. It's already over 49n years from being built in 1 9 6 9 in the Los Angeles Assembly Plant in September 1 9 6 9. It's a true E code E body Challenger - 650-348-8269

For sale now for $17,500 and serious buyers can call for the details at 650-348-8269

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

NO GAS CAP!! judging from all the body damage, it could have been a stunt car from the movie.   :barf:

Drive In Cars

That car has been for sale for several years in California. See the palm tree in one of the photo's. The seller had several cars for sale.  I think he still has a 1970 barracuda for sale. His prices have been up and down on his cars. Not a stunt car, just a beat up white 6cly chally.
Movies & Cars......So Movie Cars it is !

kathyscuda

its in cali, or it was a couple months ago for 12k . same owner is selling a 340 cuda for too much.

Ric

HP_Cuda

Slant 6 so not a movie car.

Funny thing, trying to sell in Colorado but has a Calif phone number.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

70/6chall

Vanishing point stunt car !!?? Seriously doubt it, as was said just a beat up 6 cyl. Challenger. Asking $17K  I took an interest in it because of being a Slant6 E-body so I squirreled away a couple of pics. It's now coming out on Denver's Craigslist and I saw it on Frisco Cal. Craigslist for $11K. Hmmm.
Thanks,   Al

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on November 28, 2018, 07:11:27 AM
Unbelievably clean trunk floor :rubeyes: :)

I hadn't looked at the ad, saw your comment & thought to myself how thats not that uncommon on California cars.... Then I looked at the ad.... What a mess...

It has a cool beaten look but when you look closer it's more like beaten to death....  Only reason it's still running is \6's are hard to kill.....

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: Dents are in all the wrong places, what a pile.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

kathyscuda

its worth the $3500 the first flipper paid for it.

JS29

Quote from: 70/6chall on November 28, 2018, 12:48:09 PM
Vanishing point stunt car !!?? Seriously doubt it,
The stunt cars used in the original move were 383 R/T cars from my understanding! the only stunt going on here is some flipper trying any angel to cash in on. It is also my understanding all the cars were given back to Chrysler corporation, and destroyed.   

erik70rt

Quote from: JS29 on November 29, 2018, 06:18:16 AM
The stunt cars used in the original move were 383 R/T cars from my understanding! the only stunt going on here is some flipper trying any angel to cash in on. It is also all the cars were given back to Chrysler corporation, and destroyed.

There were 5 cars total used in the movie.  4 were 440 Magnum 4 spd R/Ts and one 383 Auto R/T.  The 383 car was used to pull the Camaro to its doom.  The only mod to any of the cars was one of the 440 cars had the suspension beefed up a little to jump over the creek. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

303 Mopar

Quote from: erik70rt on November 29, 2018, 06:51:01 AM
Quote from: JS29 on November 29, 2018, 06:18:16 AM
The stunt cars used in the original move were 383 R/T cars from my understanding! the only stunt going on here is some flipper trying any angel to cash in on. It is also all the cars were given back to Chrysler corporation, and destroyed.

There were 5 cars total used in the movie.  4 were 440 Magnum 4 spd R/Ts and one 383 Auto R/T.  The 383 car was used to pull the Camaro to its doom.  The only mod to any of the cars was one of the 440 cars had the suspension beefed up a little to jump over the creek.

Where does the seller claim that this is a stunt car from the movie? I'm only reading that it "looks" like a movie car.