Main Menu

71 Barracuda Project

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, September 05, 2019, 07:39:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Crocha617

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

AMD will be your friend on this one. Even the doors are rotten which is unusual?  :o
Looks like a money pit to me.....

70 Challenger Lover

Agreed on all points. If I was still looking for a 71, I'd have to at least consider it though and there are still a few members looking. I'm guessing his reserve will be around 14k. A lot of money for a rust bucket like that but these days on a 71, you either choose a finished car in the 60+ realm or a rust bucket for 15-20. There just aren't many decent 71s left anymore.

HEMICUDA

If you got the car for "free", did all the metal work with minimal restoration on all the parts and a Canadian "budget" paint job, you would still be financially covered up with the car.

jimynick

Being a Canadian, I'd be very interested to know what your definition of "a Canadian "budget" paint job," is and where's the nearest place- in Canada of course- to get one.  :popcorn:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

JS29

I was wondering the same thing. Is Earl Shibes still around? I don't believe Maco still exists.  :dunno:

Brads70

Quote from: JS29 on September 07, 2019, 05:54:56 AM
I was wondering the same thing. Is Earl Shibes still around? I don't believe Maco still exists.  :dunno:

Maco is still around here (Ontario, Canada)

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JS29

There WAS a maco about 25-30 miles from me. The best i can tell, they are only in Canada now. THAT must be the Canadian budget paint job that was being refer d to.  :dunno:

jimynick

OK, full disclosure- I actually worked in a MAACO in 1978, and made about 50% more money than the GM shop I'd come out of. Take the A's out and put them in front of the other letters and it spells AAMCO, the transmission guys. Same guy owns them both. Now you know.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

70 Challenger Lover

It's at $11,800 and the reserve is off. Just shows that these cars command hefty prices no matter the condition. Wouldn't surprise me to see it go for $17-18 by the time it's over.

Skdmark

:unitedstates:
Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on September 09, 2019, 07:12:46 AM
It's at $11,800 and the reserve is off. Just shows that these cars command hefty prices no matter the condition. Wouldn't surprise me to see it go for $17-18 by the time it's over.

Final bid of $18.6k.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

Yup....almost $20K for a rust box 71 Barracuda....I told you they were the hottest ticket.. :banana: