Main Menu

71 Cuda Convertible 440-6 for sale

Started by 1 Wild R/T, September 22, 2017, 08:25:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Probably fetch $300K-$500K if it even has a chance of getting back on North American soil, which I doubt.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

:lookatthat: That's it's a grail Cuda.  :wowzers: wish I had the money to make a run at a car like that.  Whoever ends up with it will have a very special piece of history.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 22, 2017, 08:38:29 PM
:lookatthat: That's it's a grail Cuda.  :wowzers: wish I had the money to make a run at a car like that.  Whoever ends up with it will have a very special piece of history.

I agree, but honestly even if I could afford it I wouldn't want it.. To me I'd rather have a car I could enjoy driving & with a car like that if I could get up the balls to drive it I'd be a nervous wreck the whole time..  I have little interest in a display car....

JH27N0B

That is an incredible find.
Tom Lembeck here in this area is Mr Cuda vert, and he drives his cars.  Even his V code and hemi cars get out and about. He even showed up at least a few times this year at a local cruise I go to, once with one of his V code Challenger verts, the other time with a N code 71 cuda vert updated to a 440-6. I know him, but not well enough to have his number to call him and ask if he's seen this one for sale.  He's the type of guy who won't hesitate to write a check for a car like this when they come up for sale.

fc7cuda

I'd drive it.  The condition it's in now is perfect for driving, not so much once restored.  :alan2cents:

speeddemon

cool car, I believe it is 1 of 18 now. Greg Nelson brought the other V-Code export to the MCACN show a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFELrb_WTd4

anlauto

Quote from: speeddemon on September 23, 2017, 09:10:52 AM
cool car, I believe it is 1 of 18 now. Greg Nelson brought the other V-Code export to the MCACN show a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFELrb_WTd4

No longer the "only known export car"
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

6bblgt

17 total US spec. BS27V1B
&
2 known EXPORT spec. BS27V1B (GN's was shipped stateside)

71REDCUDA

Quote from: 6bblgt on September 23, 2017, 03:07:46 PM
17 total US spec. BS27V1B
&
2 known EXPORT spec. BS27V1B (GN's was shipped stateside)

I have 3 known export BS27V1B cars in my register. But not much info on them.

716bbl

This Export convert reminds me of the white/auto on the column car that was sold out of KC.
That Owner wanted the highest offer, A Friend of mine has expressed interest in this Export car,
and they seem to want the highest offer.
He would buy it, but doesn't want to engage in a bidding war.  In some cases, that highest offer can really
duke an honest serious Buyer.  I would guess this car to bring over 600K easily.
It would be interesting to see what this car would bring at a good auction.

anlauto

I wonder if the owner has put a "time frame" on his accepting offers ?

716bbl

We probably have all seen the Guy with something rare dangle the carrot and
seem to say, "look at what I've got".
Those type of deals/transaction usually go south unless someone really wants
to put up with some crap.  Very cool car, but you could buy 5-7 other really cool cars,
the top might not go down, but they run just as hard.

anlauto

I got involved with some idiot doing a "silent auction" on a 70 Hemi Road Runner project.....I wrote down a fair offer of $40K , he sold the car for $42K.....He wouldn't let me counter...I would have paid more... :'(

Crocha617

Quote from: anlauto on October 08, 2017, 09:58:24 AM
I got involved with some idiot doing a "silent auction" on a 70 Hemi Road Runner project.....I wrote down a fair offer of $40K , he sold the car for $42K.....He wouldn't let me counter...I would have paid more... :'(

Haha I've been there many times. Throw out a fair starting number and the guy sells it to the next guy for $500 more then my offer without even calling me back....