Main Menu

Cuda convertible project for sale

Started by anlauto, November 23, 2017, 01:57:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1029054936

Interesting Cuda convertible project, even comes with a Gator Grain top parts car... :bradsthumb:

@bpsmopar  do you know these cars ? Out in your neck of the woods..
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

That's been for sale for awhile. The price is starting to become sane with the cost of others I have seen. It looks like some salable parts too.
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

Uhh heck no, one look at the quarters and that's all she wrote.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Quote from: HP_Cuda on November 23, 2017, 07:57:13 PM
Uhh heck no, one look at the quarters and that's all she wrote.

You would think that.....if it was just another 318 Barracuda...

But this is a 1 of 122 BS Cuda convertibles, in great colours with nice options.....Buy it for $50K CDN, sell off the parts car and extra 440+6 driveline etc....for $15K CDN and you're down to about $35K CDN which is $27K USD which doesn't sound all that bad :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

HP_Cuda

The prob is that I don't value the parts car that much either.

:notsure:

anlauto

So you're saying an original 340 4spd Cuda hardtop project has no value ? :dunno: Most likely sell for $10K around here.

HP_Cuda

No pics no value - simple for me since I've already done a strip it down to nothing project.

fireguy5971

Just an update to this old post. I ended up purchasing that convertible from the previous owner a couple of years ago. The story is his brother bought the car from a fellow who converted it from a 340 auto to 440-6 4 speed/dana. They drove it for a year or so when they had a carb fire (center carb). At that time a single 4 BBL was swapped in. The car was driven for a few more years then parked in a quanset hut/shipping container for another 30 years. With the thought of restoring it one day.
   The owner decided to sell and I came along.. now to the parts car. It's a 1970 340 4 speed manual steering/brakes car b5 blue exterior with a blue interior. The owner bought it 25 years ago as a parts car for the convertible. Fortunately he removed and stored most of the savable parts and stored them at that time. It came with a perfect grill and a very nice blue interior (minus dash). It also came with the numbers motor/transmission. It also has the remnants of the gator grain top. Cool car.
   The convertible has rust in the lower quarters and trunk drop offs but the floor pans and rails/rockers are in great shape. I sent the carbs to Chicago Carb for restoration (still trying to set them up properly). The dana(b-body) has been re-sealed as well as the 18 spline trans with a new clutch. The motor has been rebuilt and the engine compartment resprayed b5 blue. New tires and brakes as well. The car still retains its original and working power windows/8-track/ front rubber bumper with fog lights. It currently wears an early reproduction AAR hood which was on it 40 years ago. Just for kicks I installed a pair of 71 gilled fenders and tail lights. The interior has the original white leather seats in rough shape and 3 speaker dash in good shape. Unfortunately the rear interior panels have speakers holes cut in. The original top was white but had been replaced with black at some point. It'll be on the road this year and driven until it gets restored. I figured some people mind find these cars and their story's interesting. Can't figure out how to rotate the pictures

ragtopdodge

Pretty  neat story!

Not sure about those gilled fenders tho.  A real 'Cuda should be stock-ish IMHO.

anlauto

Great that these cars fell into the right hands and the convertible will be back on the road  :twothumbsup: I agree, it deserves a stock resto in my opinion... :alan2cents:

E74cuda

Mr Cuda

I love the look backwards,  and realizing what a deal that was.

anlauto

I always thought it was a decent deal too at the time....and the market has only gotten stronger since these were advertised  :looney:

cuda hunter

Cool story. 
Can you add pics of the fender tags so we can add to this story? 
Either of the cars retain their build sheets? 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

fireguy5971

Here's a picture of the fender tag. I found a build sheet 193 cars after this one ( a 1970 383 B5 hardtop) in the front seat back. I've got the fender tag but no build sheet for the blue car. The second tag says "Special Handling Car", it's tough to read as I went a little heavy on the paint. When it comes time to restore the car I'll install the original fenders, taillights and trunk lid. But for now its a good conversation piece!