Main Menu

71 Cuda Curious Yellow Auto 340

Started by LoStHeMi, May 23, 2021, 02:07:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dhh

anlauto

Nice looking car, what's the deal with the fender tag ? :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Yellow71Cuda

Pretty car. Incorrect exhaust manifolds (1970)

anlauto

I wonder if it has those manifolds because it's a super early build ? Yet, curious it doesn't have the tell tail signs of an early build, like a 70 trunk floor, or a 70 console, or 70 side view mirrors....etc... :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

Quote from: anlauto on May 23, 2021, 06:31:12 PM
I wonder if it has those manifolds because it's a super early build ? Yet, curious it doesn't have the tell tail signs of an early build, like a 70 trunk floor, or a 70 console, or 70 side view mirrors....etc... :huh:

My 812 SPD Barracuda has the 70 console and trunk. I would think this one would too.
The AC control is the later version without the "Warmer =========>".
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: Skdmark on May 23, 2021, 07:59:22 PM
Quote from: anlauto on May 23, 2021, 06:31:12 PM

My 812 SPD Barracuda has the 70 console and trunk. I would think this one would too.
The AC control is the later version without the "Warmer =========>".

Passenger side inner fender is not early build (1970 style) either.

Ebody Edgar

ummmm...that is a 1971 pilot car, built before 0801 1970
Many parts will be 1970 parts as it was built in the spring of 1970.
Long lead press cars and other pilot car assignments for 1971 had to be ready by spring 1970.

so for 71 pilot cars only E bodies  2 hemi cars, a 340 car and slanty 6 have been found to exist but none others that i can recall in the other model lines. Anyone have other 71 pilot car info?

YYZ

It appears to be a pilot car (and the 801 SPD helps to support that).

However, as others have pointed out, it appears that a lot of sheetmetal has been changed.  PS inner fender, trunk floor etc. and there are a lot of other '71 details that are not consistent with the build date.

'70 consoles, '70 wings and whole host of other details carry as far into November 1970 SPDs depending on the model.

E74cuda

Piolet cars also typically don't have any body numbers stamped into them so documentation and known history is very important with a car like this