Main Menu

`71 340 auto , curious yellow?

Started by torredcuda, December 15, 2018, 04:33:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

When advertising a project like this people need to understand the importance of the fender tag, broadcast sheet and matching numbers. If this 71 Cuda has all those things, this could be a smokin' deal reguardless of the condition of the car. 8)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Could be a good deal if we knew more, but I'm guessing it's price about right for what's there.  It's going to need a LOT of metal work and if it doesn't have a fender tag and it's an auto, it's going to be hard to get a buyer at that price.

anlauto

1971 Cuda's are the hottest Mopar on the market ....IF, and that's a big if, the car has an original BCS, fender tag and is numbers matching in GY3 it's worth the asking price. :alan2cents:

I was offered a "rebody kit" with the engine, no transmission...so sheet, fender tags, cowl/rad support cut-outs, dash tag and fender tags and engine for a similar 1971 340 auto Cuda and the guy was asking $10K....this is only $6.5K more and you actually get the car too ! :banana:

I get weird phone calls like that all the time.... :huh: :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

mccannix

He didn't finish his sentence " Removed from 35 years of barn storage.......... 6 months after the barn flooded"

70 Challenger Lover

It was only about five years ago (on the other site) that there was a big thread debate on the value of these cars. Then, everyone was saying a fully restored numbers matching 340 four speed Cuda could be had for $35k.

anlauto

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on December 15, 2018, 10:47:57 AM
It was only about five years ago (on the other site) that there was a big thread debate on the value of these cars. Then, everyone was saying a fully restored numbers matching 340 four speed Cuda could be had for $35k.

About fourteen years ago I sold a fully restored 1971 Cuda 340 4spd (white) for $70K CDN that was before the crash. Six years ago I sold a 340 auto (green) for $60K CDN....

I'm not sure you can buy a correctly restored 71 Cuda for much less then $60K USD these days, and that would be an auto in a poor colour with no options. Times are changing... :crying:

I've owned, restored and sold a few 71 Cuda's now

70 Challenger Lover

I love the green one!!  What an incredible thing of beauty

I simply wanted to point out that opinions vary greatly and the people giving the opinions seem to go back and forth at times. Just pulling up a few older threads on these cars, there were people two years ago saying that nobody would even want one of these cars unless it had the original fender tag. I'd love to find one of these cars being given away simply because it's missing the fender tag. I'll probably win the lottery first.

superdave

Schnikies that's a lot of rust. Personally while i like the '71 'cudas I tend to prefer the Challenger and don't understand why the huge oremium paid for 'Cudas. But we all have our preferences.  8)  :cheers:

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: superdave on December 15, 2018, 11:55:59 AM
Schnikies that's a lot of rust. Personally while i like the '71 'cudas I tend to prefer the Challenger and don't understand why the huge oremium paid for 'Cudas. But we all have our preferences.  8)  :cheers:

I've always loved the 71 Cuda and I'd really like to have one someday but at those prices, it's hard to justify for what amounts to a toy I drive around waiting to be run into by some idiot texting. Fortunately for me, I also really love 70 Challengers and they are still within a price range I can live with.

Crocha617

The fender tag is there. A friend went and see the car it is really bad. I can get more details but he said it was a goner.

anlauto

In this day and age, none of them are "goners"......

Make no mistake, a decent restoration will be close to $80K-$90K USD plus the purchase price, but you'll have a nice 1971 340 Cuda worth $70K-$75K . :twothumbsup: and another one will be saved. :worship:

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: anlauto on December 15, 2018, 05:09:27 PM
In this day and age, none of them are "goners"......

Make no mistake, a decent restoration will be close to $80K-$90K USD plus the purchase price, but you'll have a nice 1971 340 Cuda worth $70K-$75K . :twothumbsup: and another one will be saved. :worship:

I agree. Another option would be to just do metal work and make it a nice driver. I'd grab it if it were a reasonable price and take my time doing the metal work myself. That would free up savings for paint and other work. At $15k plus, I'd feel like a real jackass paying that for a VIN tag.

RUNCHARGER

Same money buys the half decent AAR in another thread. No contest.
Sheldon