Main Menu

`71 340 auto , curious yellow?

Started by torredcuda, December 15, 2018, 04:33:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

E74cuda

Tonts Parts had this one a few months ago and I think it sold within 24 hours at 37k. Seemed on the rusty side to me.

anlauto

Exactly and this car was filled with patches from previous work. So once stripped and blasted, even though the white car "looks" better, I bet they need the same amount of metal replaced. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

That white one will need lots all right but the GY3 one is pretty obviously totally fubarred. A car eaten that way is totally rotten including the roof structure. I would take it if $15k was included (then I'd haul it to the dump).
Sheldon

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 16, 2018, 02:33:57 PM
That white one will need lots all right but the GY3 one is pretty obviously totally fubarred. A car eaten that way is totally rotten including the roof structure. I would take it if $15k was included (then I'd haul it to the dump).

I think it could be a fun project for a person who enjoys metal work. It would be a hobby project and done solely for fun and the thrill of saving it from the crusher. For a guy simply wanting a car, I'd definitely stay away from it.

anlauto

People had said the same things to me about the Barrelcuda....I didn't listen then either  :rofl: :rofl: ...all though   maybe I should have :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crocha617

Quote from: anlauto on December 16, 2018, 05:00:42 PM
People had said the same things to me about the Barrelcuda....I didn't listen then either  :rofl: :rofl: ...all though   maybe I should have :haha:

The Barrelcuda was at least a V code car. My friend that saw it is a body guy. He said it needs every piece of sheet metal including rails and cross members. I know every 71 Cuda should be saved but it will take the right guy for this one. The car is on it's 2nd flip now and the current owner paid way too much for it. If you do all of your own work maybe this  is a good project for you.

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: Crocha617 on December 17, 2018, 05:14:00 AM
Quote from: anlauto on December 16, 2018, 05:00:42 PM

The Barrelcuda was at least a V code car. My friend that saw it is a body guy. He said it needs every piece of sheet metal including rails and cross members. I know every 71 Cuda should be saved but it will take the right guy for this one. The car is on it's 2nd flip now and the current owner paid way too much for it. If you do all of your own work maybe this  is a good project for you.

I do all my own work and I'd love to have it but essentially, I'd be buying a VIN rather than a car. Knowing I'd have to rebuild an entire car, it would be downright insane to pay anything more than a couple thousand bucks. And at 2-3k, it will never change hands so I wouldn't waste each other's time with what he would consider an insulting offer. If I'm going to pay that kind of dough, I'll hold out for one in better condition. We still decent projects in that price range now and then.