Main Menu

71 Cuda on eBay

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, March 08, 2020, 04:36:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

This has to be phony. The dash VIN plate looks funny to me. Did they make them like this?

70 Challenger Lover

Here's a shot of my 318 car dash VIN from the same plant.

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  Looks fishy and not the good kinda of barracuda fish either.

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha, best ever! Not even sure that was a dual exhaust car originally.
Sheldon

6pack

Being a r code should there be a Dana with the auto?

6bblgt

a HEMI automatic car from any year can have a 3.23:1 non-sure-grip 8-3/4" rear axle

6bblgt

that VIN tag almost looks photoshopped - I'm not sure what we are looking at  :looney: but that's not a factory HEMI car  :crazytalk:   and it is at $200K+  :headbang:

Matt13

No fender tag, duplicate title, no engine, trans or rear, and it's up to 200K? Luckily, a few of those bidders have 100% activity with that seller, so most likely shills. I also love how he's just " helping out an old guy" that has no internet. Lol. What a weasel. Hopefully no one gets scammed.

chris NOS

all fake bidding for sure !!

6pack

It was ended by seller and states 0 bids to $10K now if you look at advanced section on the bay

70 Challenger Lover

This morning, I sent the guy a polite message stating that the VIN looked photoshopped and he should talk to the owner. That could be why he took it down. I don't believe there is an older owner of course.

Matt13

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on March 09, 2020, 05:51:16 PM
This morning, I sent the guy a polite message stating that the VIN looked photoshopped and he should talk to the owner. That could be why he took it down. I don't believe there is an older owner of course.
A.G.Backeast said they could make me a VIN plate for a missing VIN for $345.00. I wonder if that's what they look like?

Crocha617

Quote from: Matt13 on March 09, 2020, 07:41:08 PM
A.G.Backeast said they could make me a VIN plate for a missing VIN for $345.00. I wonder if that's what they look like?
No not even close....that thing is terrible

Marty

Quote from: Matt13 on March 09, 2020, 07:41:08 PM

I just got my VIN plate from A.G.Backeast. There is no comparison between the two. A.G.Backeast   :perfect10: as far as a quality VIN plate replacement. No way they did that.

70 Challenger Lover

It must be photoshopped. The digits are off center. The tag itself is crusty yet the white lettering is nice and crisp. The letters shouldn't be white at all but even if they were, seems strange that everything faded with time except those digits.

Heck, maybe it was really a hemi cuda. If so, wouldn't surprise me if someone grabbed the vin plate along with the drive train and years later, someone tried to fix this with poor replica tags. Who knows? Usually things too good to be true turn out to be BS.