Main Menu

71 'Cuda original shaker car.....

Started by GrandpaKevin, October 27, 2020, 02:07:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GrandpaKevin

How about this one 71 'Cuda lovers......fair price?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/663849264501188

Sound like a well known car?

Skdmark

I would say that it's a fair price given the amount of options on it and colors.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

6bblgt

here it is around '85 - middle of pic with SHAKER - IIRC originally a green car & here's a pic of a former attempt at a fender tag  :foul:

6bblgt

anlauto

At least their attempt on the tag improved somewhat  :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YYZ

I have never seen the '70-style passenger side inner fender on a '71 with an SPD after November 1970.

Skdmark

The first fender tag attempt was pretty bad.
Gotta admit I didn't look too close to the one in the ad.

Thanks for sharing.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

71vert340

I guess my take on this is that a buyer better beware of what they're getting. How could a person prove the pedigree of this car other than it's a 71 Cuda 340 if they bought it? Apparently it was changed back in the 80s to something it wasn't. It makes me nervous if I ever go to sell my car proving what it is even though I have all the paperwork the car came with. People are getting better at making fake documents. I was showing my car in the early 80s and owners really didn't think about the documents  for their cars. Now it's important to be able to prove what your car has..
Terry

chris NOS

Quote from: 71vert340 on October 28, 2020, 06:02:45 AM
  I guess my take on this is that a buyer better beware of what they're getting. How could a person prove the pedigree of this car other than it's a 71 Cuda 340 if they bought it? Apparently it was changed back in the 80s to something it wasn't. It makes me nervous if I ever go to sell my car proving what it is even though I have all the paperwork the car came with. People are getting better at making fake documents. I was showing my car in the early 80s and owners really didn't think about the documents  for their cars. Now it's important to be able to prove what your car has..
Terry

I would buy sepnd 20K  more for a v code Cuda with real documentation than the same car with out....

anlauto

:iagree: I've always said documentation is more important then condition if you're looking at a car as an investment  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

:rubeyes:  same tires are on it from '85 - that's gotta be worth something  :crazytalk:  he should've thrown a bunch of dirt on it  ..........  "BARN FIND"!!   :banana:

Shoooter

I cant say it enough the knowledge that is here has saved countless people.  Really enjoy the old pictures. The first tag is terrible

ragtopdodge

Insane price for a 340-auto with a fake tag and no BS.

Shaker originally equipped obviously cannot  be verified.

Radiatorman

And my personal favorite, the "Made in Canada" ink stamp on the radiator that was made in Jamestown New York. A classic! :haha: