Main Menu

Current Mecum auction

Started by blown motor, January 06, 2022, 12:02:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

A 74 Challenger with a 318, auto, A/C and Rallye package just sold for $35,000. It looked good in the pictures. Has broadcast sheet but no mention of fender tag or numbers matching engine.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Brads70

I'm waiting for this one on Saturday. Curious to see what it sells for or gets bid up to ? Mine has a 401 and a T56 so I would think maybe somewhat more desirable. I have no intension of selling just curious to "worth" and am hoping I won't be upside down on mine. I'll have just under 20k into mine when I'm done.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0122-485589/1972-amc-javelin/

The exhaust "sticks out" to me. I'd have to change it if it were mine. Also what's a set of door hinge pins worth wow!    :rolleyes:

blown motor

Didn't you know door hinge pins are on back order? Supply chain issues.  :haha:

blown motor

I thought this did well at $68,000

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on January 07, 2022, 12:57:03 PM
I thought this did well at $68,000
Ya I agree  ! Wow I don't think I've ever seen a 72-74 Challenger sell for that much!  :bigmoney:

blown motor

A couple more.
70 Cuda $115,000
73 Challenger custom $50,000 did not meet reserve

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on January 06, 2022, 12:56:55 PM
I'm waiting for this one on Saturday. Curious to see what it sells for or gets bid up to ? Mine has a 401 and a T56 so I would think maybe somewhat more desirable. I have no intension of selling just curious to "worth" and am hoping I won't be upside down on mine. I'll have just under 20k into mine when I'm done.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0122-485589/1972-amc-javelin/

The exhaust "sticks out" to me. I'd have to change it if it were mine. Also what's a set of door hinge pins worth wow!    :rolleyes:

Sold for $32K plus commission
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

I just checked all the results so far starting from Lot #1.....In my opinion, ALL the Mopar's are doing well...$22K for a 318 Scamp...not too shabby :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Jay Bee

Please school me guys. Why did blown motor say this sold for $68K when the results page shows it as $74,800.00?
Are the two figures one without and one with commissions/fess? Yeah, I broke down and registered just to see the numbers.

kdcarman

Quote from: Jay Bee on January 09, 2022, 07:21:45 AM
Please school me guys. Why did blown motor say this sold for $68K when the results page shows it as $74,800.00?
Are the two figures one without and one with commissions/fess? Yeah, I broke down and registered just to see the numbers.

74.8k is with the commission

anlauto

Yes 10% buyers fee...so you have to keep that in mind when buying...So if you go there to buy a car with a $74800 budget, you better STOP bidding at $68K :stop:

The bigger question is why the heck that Challenger sold for so much  :bigmoney: :o

Jay Bee

blown motor

Quote from: anlauto on January 09, 2022, 07:40:11 AM
Yes 10% buyers fee...so you have to keep that in mind when buying...So if you go there to buy a car with a $74800 budget, you better STOP bidding at $68K :stop:

The bigger question is why the heck that Challenger sold for so much  :bigmoney: :o

Because Bruce Willis drove it in a movie. But I agree, $68K is a lot for a car that's missing the trim on the front of the hood and the vinyl roof seam goes down the middle.

cuda hunter

Ewwwh!  A holy wood car. 

Made it sell for more than it's worth.  Has to be what happened.

Nice car and all, but 75K? 

I could buy a 71 cuda for that kind of coin. 

Guess there is that one guy out there that likes the frowny face more than all the other ebodies. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee