Main Menu

Is this where we are now? Not Mine

Started by 70vert, August 22, 2023, 12:25:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70vert

From Facebook: 70 Challenger project/roller, no motor or trans > $25k?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/997169786979630/?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=7144764025553478&__cft__
  • =AZWekr7DbfEo-3p5T9XFfUMWkE04buIkrQHB5IT9fnIXRG9vfGMX8HyujNr0sWV_Q96Vcjr63FCGcYDG7ntIamgcsgDpB3TKxZ8R1ccYEkT6ELnYVJeB4dOeQ0eht-f8guKo0zwbzHc-NTbb4gVu5GbEBNx21GQV4OFpY4pZzAcHAk6RH_slZUzavlxRtUNWZIQlz_yW46Rd2yL7wKlBKbP9&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R

Mr Cuda

Not on Facebook,  so can't see what a great deal it is.
But Facebook public pages of ebodies.org  sure has alot of activity thats  not on here.

70vert

It doesn't look horrible but starting at $25k then needing full restoration and an engine/trans ++
I guess it is inflation  ::)

Here are a few screen shots.

Mr Cuda

You failed to mention   CONVERTIBLE!!.
So yes, that's where we are now.
Those 3 pictures are not enough for me to assess  condition,  etc., but I have a project  barracuda convertible that I would want alot more for, if I was ever to sell it.
Of course this is available for the deal of the week price,  and if it sells for  that,  daveh will regret it.
https://forum.e-bodies.org/cars-for-sale-or-wanted/8/for-sale-1971-challenger-convertible-dollar55-000/29031/msg318865#msg318865

Daveh

Hard to believe that I haven't gotten one inquiry on my Challenger Mr. Cuda.   :)

Mr Cuda

@Daveh  Yeah the forums don't seem to be the place to get a sale.  Everyone has their car or parts.
I've tried to market stuff,  but it's time to factor fees and taxes and get back on Ebay.
I hope you kept a spreadsheet of what you spent,  because a tracked sale will be reportable,  and taxed.
At least I can offset the part sale income against my ridiculous shop overhead.

scf100

It's gonna need some elbow grease and $$$$$$ :wrenching:
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

Crocha617

He just lowered the price on the convertible project down to $21k. It's probably worth looking at now if anyone is searching for a project.

70vert

My question was genuine, to help me in assessing my "net worth" as I get older. I believe that I'm conservative, but have mine valued at $60k with an expectation I will sell it in roughly 10 years (when I'm 80!). It is not a show car, not all stock/original, etc. but is pretty nice and I certainly love it and drive it. But I also know how much I've put in it, which is more than the $60k, so when I see a non-restored shell with no motor/trans going for $25 it makes me think  :dunno:

So, I'm not wragging on the seller, just wondering if its time to bump up my expectations for when I sell mine. And start planning that next trip!
:bigmoney:

anlauto

Comparing the price of a project to the price of a finished car will never work out math wise....It always cost way more to build a car than it's worth to resell in the end.
For example, E Body convertible don't grow on trees, if the project car is half decently solid and has all the unique convertible parts then it's worth $20K all day long !

If yours is a nice clean driver and the top goes down it's likely worth $60K all day long...

HOWEVER....to get this project to be at the same quality as your car a person could pay $80K-$100K total easily I'm sure...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7212Mopar

Not sure how many older guys that love these cars are in the market to buy one to restore. I find myself getting more difficult to get underneath the car just to do service. There are a lot of Youtube videos out there showing folks under 50 working on these cars. So it is a good sign that there is still a population out there that will take care of the cars. I think people will drive these car less as we move forward. Gas prices will continue to rise based on current geopolitical issues and domestic oil production cost rising.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

erik70rt

Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.