Main Menu

Plum Crazy 70 440 RT Sunroof Car from GYC

Started by 7E-Bodies, December 29, 2020, 07:29:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

njsteve

Why did they sign the dashpad with paint pens? Seriously, did the gyc guy(s) seem to think this would somehow increase the value of the car? I would deduct the cost of removing/refinishing the dash from the purchase price.

7E-Bodies

@njsteve i can't say I disagree. I wouldn't like that either. Autographed pics for the shop, maybe. Autographed documents for the glovebox, sure. If Elvis came back from the dead, I wouldn't let him write on my car.

YYZ

It's too bad that a set of the correct deluxe seat belts weren't tracked down.  They would complement the salt/pepper seats nicely

anlauto

Quote from: njsteve on December 29, 2020, 09:17:17 AM
Why did they sign the dashpad with paint pens? Seriously, did the gyc guy(s) seem to think this would somehow increase the value of the car? I would deduct the cost of removing/refinishing the dash from the purchase price.
That just proves their EGOs take up too much space in their brains... :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RSI700VIPER

For a car with a very rare sunroof option, you would think they could include an actual picture of the sunroof in the ad.   

7E-Bodies

As goofy as they get, I'm forever grateful that they gave this rabid purist a show. They took the risk, they did the work. They came through.

Pentastarnut

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on December 29, 2020, 09:33:34 AM
@njsteve i can't say I disagree. I wouldn't like that either. Autographed pics for the shop, maybe. Autographed documents for the glovebox, sure. If Elvis came back from the dead, I wouldn't let him write on my car.

Elvis isn't dead ;)

JEJJ

"It's too bad that a set of the correct deluxe seat belts weren't tracked down."
You can't expect them to track down correct deluxe seat belts when they choose the wrong reproduction tires : "15" Rallye wheels that are wrapped with Firestone Wide 60 Oval F60-15 tires"

anlauto

What trim package gave you the argent tail panel on an R/T ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Poolshark314

I don't know the story behind this car and I didn't see the episode featuring this, but it's possible that the owner requested them to sign the dash and subtle changes from OE  :alan2cents:
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

RacerX

Quote from: Poolshark314 on December 30, 2020, 05:19:08 PM
I don't know the story behind this car and I didn't see the episode featuring this, but it's possible that the owner requested them to sign the dash and subtle changes from OE  :alan2cents:

Normally when cars are signed it is in an unobtrusive place like the inside of the glovebox lid or underside of the trunk lid.

If the owner requested the signing on the dash then more power to them... it is their car

However, when it comes time to sell it this detracts from the value rather than enhances it.

anlauto

formula_s

Quote from: YYZ on December 29, 2020, 10:20:36 AM
It's too bad that a set of the correct deluxe seat belts weren't tracked down.  They would complement the salt/pepper seats nicely

Mark told a friend of mine that he doesn't look for parts for his 'driver quality' restorations.

JH27N0B

Quote from: RacerX on December 30, 2020, 05:51:03 PM
Quote from: Poolshark314 on December 30, 2020, 05:19:08 PM

Normally when cars are signed it is in an unobtrusive place like the inside of the glovebox lid or underside of the trunk lid.

If the owner requested the signing on the dash then more power to them... it is their car

However, when it comes time to sell it this detracts from the value rather than enhances it.
My T/A is a Mr Norms car, and I've seen more than a few Mr Norms cars where he signed a sun visor or glove box door.  That being said, I have no desire to have his signature on my car.  I did have him sign a copy of my dealer shipping notice though.
I see a lot of Shelby's signed by Carrol Shelby which I think is cool.  A number of Superbirds have been signed by Richard Petty which is cool too.  But the crew from a restoration shop?  No thanks!