Main Menu

SOLD: project '71 Challenger 383 auto

Started by ec_co, October 15, 2017, 06:48:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Welcome Owl. You got a good car there and I like your plans for it. Nice Camaro as well.
Sheldon

340challconvert

Welcome
I think you got a great deal on a cool Challenger
Best of luck with the build up.
:wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Chryco Psycho

Welcome @the Owl
Looks like a LS1 with w turbo & intercooler , , busy under hood !

the owl

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 07, 2017, 06:11:13 PM
Welcome @the Owl
Looks like a LS1 with w turbo & intercooler , , busy under hood !

Pretty much nailed it, it's a 5.3l iron block with a 78mm turbo, meth injection, tr6060, built rear, tubs etc. It's runs about 28psi and that little motor is still hanging in there for now.

The challenger will be much more original build. But may do some aftermarket mods for driveability/safety.

Chryco Psycho

Looks like you have a very solid Challenger in one of the rarest & coolest colors IMO
A lot of upgrades just make sense , running front drums is crazy for example
Be careful delving into suspension mods though , the factory set up is very good & can be upgraded easily , Rack & pinion & coil over front suspension has never really been sorted out for Mopars , Hotchkiss can supply a lot of great upgraded parts using the factory system though

Cuda Cody

Looks like you have a cool car and picked up a sweet project!!!  Nice job @the owl    :banana:  And welcome to the site!   :welcome:

303 Mopar

Welcome @the owl! I'm in Aurora, CO and love your new Challenger. If I had room I may have snagged this one up because I love '71's and especially this color! There are a few of us in the Denver metro area and always willing to help and share our knowledge from past builds.

the owl

I will keep that in mind, I'm not too far from aurora, I'm just outside of parker in elbert county. I'll update the forum once I get started on the build and inventory everything.

nsmall

Absolutely love the color.  Modern, yet classic.  No pressure, but change whatever you want besides that color.   :pokeeye:

Happy for you as the car comes with lots of parts so that should hopefully save you some dough.

Topcat

Nice car Owl.

You made a wise purchase.
And a great color.

Keep us updated on it's progress.

HP_Cuda

One area you might want to take a look at before you do the brakes is to bypass the ammeter gauge to avoid a bbq pit experience.

http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/amp-gauges.shtml
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

ec_co

sales are weird. had the ad up for a few weeks ... first week, 1 looker no other calls/emails ...... then a week and a half of nothing ... then Tom calls, deal made and delivered today. yesterday an email and a phone call about it, but held off until delivery to give them the bad news. today .... another email, 2 text msgs and a phone call. snooze ya lose!

I'm happy it has a new home, I think they will both be very happy with each other and I can't wait to see what direction he decides to go.  :bradsthumb:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

303 Mopar

Quote from: ec_co on November 09, 2017, 07:58:28 PM
sales are weird. had the ad up for a few weeks ... first week, 1 looker no other calls/emails ...... then a week and a half of nothing ... then Tom calls, deal made and delivered today. yesterday an email and a phone call about it, but held off until delivery to give them the bad news. today .... another email, 2 text msgs and a phone call. snooze ya lose!

I'm happy it has a new home, I think they will both be very happy with each other and I can't wait to see what direction he decides to go.  :bradsthumb:

Tom lives near me and @CudaKat and we are trying setting up a night to go over his place and look at it.  This is going to be a fun build and his first so we are looking forward to helping him out!

ec_co

Quote from: 303 Mopar on November 10, 2017, 08:17:40 PM
Quote from: ec_co on November 09, 2017, 07:58:28 PM

Tom lives near me and @CudaKat and we are trying setting up a night to go over his place and look at it.  This is going to be a fun build and his first so we are looking forward to helping him out!

I'd *really* love to be there, but I'll be in Mexico for the next 1.5wks (typing this in Yuma, AZ now :) ).

I already mentioned the 2 key pieces to get started with ASAP since they will take time - the dashpad and the gauge cluster both need to be sent out so he can get them back by late winter. also need to consider either swapping the ammeter to a voltmeter during the rebuild or do the bypass trick. he has 2 full sets of front and rear seats (rear seat backs on all 4 look good and usable to me) and it looks like 2 can probably be used without recovering. door and quarter interior panels looked pretty good, might be able to re-use these as well after a re-dye. The other discussion piece should be the rear window - it has the SE plug in it with the vinyl already laid .... I do not think the SE trim is in there and it might be a PITA to find, so my personal thought is (as another member mentioned) to lift the vinyl at the back, pull the plug and use a std window + trim. this might be a good post topic for opinions on how to do this best so the vinyl is still intact and usable.

I can't wait to see what direction it goes .... so many possibilities  :stayinlane:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Hotiron

Welcome to the site. I am in SW colo also and working on a 70 cuda resto.  There is a lot of good advice and help here.   :yes:
Hotiron.