Main Menu

T/A for sale

Started by pink aar, December 22, 2017, 02:24:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

pink aar

Not mine. I didn't see this for sale anywhere else. Someone may be interested. Nice looking car

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/d/1970-dodge-challenger-a/6413953962.html

blown motor

A perfect stable mate for your pink AAR.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

pink aar

This PINK AAR is eating me alive now. I don't need another one.

anlauto

May not be a bad deal, being a numbers matching 4spd car....

However you'd be upside down mighty quick if you wanted to put it back to original colour :bigmoney: :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I like it though. It would be a great driver for a while.
Sheldon

quapman

What's up with the manual drum master cylinder?

Jim AAR

Wrong Steering Column also, the Depress Lever Lock wasn't used until 1971 I believe.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on December 22, 2017, 07:32:53 AM
I like it though. It would be a great driver for a while.

:iagree: Drive it, improve it without getting into the paint... The stripes & hood being glossy need to get fixed, If the stripes are decals fix them, if they are painted you might have to live with it but I'd want to know that before buying & the price would have to reflect it... Lots of under hood details to fix, some are cheap, some are not cheap.... 

71GranCoupe

Yup, buy and drive it. Fix the little things as you go and live with the rest.  :cheers:

anlauto

What's odd about this car is the people who have the ''drive it as is mentality'' usually don't have $55K to spend on a toy.....and the people with that kind of money usually want things to be correct and perfect....In this case the colour change may attract more interested buyers, but few that actually have money to spend....if it was restored in the original colour, I think it would sell easier...  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: anlauto on December 22, 2017, 12:27:12 PM
What's odd about this car is the people who have the ''drive it as is mentality'' usually don't have $55K to spend on a toy.....and the people with that kind of money usually want things to be correct and perfect....In this case the colour change may attract more interested buyers, but few that actually have money to spend....if it was restored in the original colour, I think it would sell easier...  :alan2cents:

Alan, you said it all in a nutshell  :iagree:

71GranCoupe

I disagree with you on this one. Why spend 55k for a car, spend another 60k to restore it then have an 75-80k ride.  :headbang: People with the funds to buy and restore this will pay for a car already finished, at least that is what I would do.

anlauto

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on December 22, 2017, 01:14:24 PM

I disagree with you on this one. Why spend 55k for a car, spend another 60k to restore it then have an 75-80k ride.  :headbang: People with the funds to buy and restore this will pay for a car already finished, at least that is what I would do.

No I think you missed my point.....No collector is going to buy it for $55K because it's not the correct colour and the people who don't care about correctness and would just drive and enjoy as is, don't have that much disposable cash laying around...IN MY OPINION...I may be way off... :dunno:

RUNCHARGER

I don't think you're necessarily off Alan. A correct car though would bring more money I believe. I am not saying this car would be financially viable if you wanted a correct car as the cost to correct it would exceed the restored value. What I think is that you could buy it for the non-correct price and just drive it and correct little things. Wild brought up a good point about the stripes, if they couldn't be stripped off or overlaid with correct stripes it would be enough to be a deal breaker for me anyway.
Sheldon

Guscuda

:dunno: looks like a good deal for the guy or gal in this case that wants a nice car without the extra cost of originality.