Main Menu

T/A for Sale - Phoenix

Started by 303 Mopar, January 10, 2017, 09:19:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Markp

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 02, 2017, 09:42:07 AM
:rofl:  Auto owners should be offended, but that's pretty funny!  I guess I just like girls more then you.   :notsure:    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:   j/k

I'm more a 4 speed guy too.   :cooldance:

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on February 02, 2017, 08:59:52 AM
... and a girlymatic.

Sheldon

I love manuals too. The Hellcat is my first Auto. Today with the new A8 the manual is the girlymanual. The A8s are half a second faster in the 1/4 mile. You cannot beat the A8s in todays Challengers lighting fast shifts that are impossible for a human to do. Auto is king especially for 1/4 mile. :cheers:
1974 Cuda Pro Street HP?????
2000 Camaro SS 383 Stroker 550hp
2016 Challenger Hellcat 707HP

Cuda Cody

@Blake@diyhemi.com  what was the factory color error?

And have you decided on a final color for your car?

Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on February 02, 2017, 09:42:41 AM
That is the same color that my car was born with(well second if you count the factory error). I always wondered what an FY4 AAR would look like and have debated making mine an FY4 tribute car with its original metallic gold/black two tone interior.  Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 02, 2017, 10:26:05 AM

That is the same color that my car was born with(well second if you count the factory error). I always wondered what an FY4 AAR would look like and have debated making mine an FY4 tribute car with its original metallic gold/black two tone interior.  Hmm

@Cuda_Cody the factory accidentally painted my car green before realizing the special order was FY4. ( that's my understanding anyway) my floors, trunk parts and behind the booster looked to be traces of F8. Look at the inner side of the doors as well

1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Cuda Cody

That's cool.  I dig that stuff.  Really shows you it was all about doing whatever it takes to get the car done and out the door.   :clapping:

Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on February 02, 2017, 10:40:15 AM

@Cuda_Cody the factory accidentally painted my car green before realizing the special order was FY4. ( that's my understanding anyway) my floors, trunk parts and behind the booster looked to be traces of F8. Look at the inner side of the doors as well

Spikedog08

Sure seems to be a lot of T/A's for sale lately and not to many AAR's?  Did they make more Challengers?   :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 02, 2017, 10:44:08 AM
That's cool.  I dig that stuff.  Really shows you it was all about doing whatever it takes to get the car done and out the door.   :clapping:

Quote from: Blake@diyhemi.com on February 02, 2017, 10:40:15 AM

Neat for sure. I'm debating on B5 or FY4 right now for the car. If Y4 I will go back with black and gold interior.

I just don't know, but need to make up my mind soon. I have decided not to go with pearl yellow, however, which is why I changed my forum name on CC from yellowfin to Blake @ diyhemi

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: Spikedog08 on February 02, 2017, 10:45:59 AM
Sure seems to be a lot of T/A's for sale lately and not to many AAR's?  Did they make more Challengers?   :dunno:

I'd love to have either, honestly

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Cuda Cody

About the same.  Around 2,400 each.

Quote from: Spikedog08 on February 02, 2017, 10:45:59 AM

Markp

I believe they made more AARs.
1974 Cuda Pro Street HP?????
2000 Camaro SS 383 Stroker 550hp
2016 Challenger Hellcat 707HP

ec_co

@Blake@diyhemi.com  - what is up with the floorpan there? did someone have fun with a plasma cutter?
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: ec_co on February 02, 2017, 12:58:11 PM
@Blake@diyhemi.com  - what is up with the floorpan there? did someone have fun with a plasma cutter?

Sure enough did!

I was cutting out the original that was a tad thin from wet carpet sitting in it for decades. It was an undercoated California car and otherwise rust free

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

headejm

Quote from: Markp on February 02, 2017, 11:50:47 AM
I believe they made more AARs.

According to a cool new book I just received written by Scott E. Ross...

Challenger T/A: 2,400 (1,411 TorqueFlight, 989 4-speed)
      'Cuda AAR: 2,725 (1,604 TorqueFlight, 1,120 4-speed)

I wonder how many of them are still alive?  :notsure: