Main Menu

Two Challengers on Craigslist

Started by 71vert340, August 09, 2019, 08:51:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

Interesting cars and that could be a real treasure trove of parts.

Cuda Cody

challengermaniac

I'm 55 minutes away if anyone really needs eyes on something here...............
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

worthywads

I'm not seriously interested, but I really don't understand how little information people put into the description of vehicles on craigslist?  Is there a limit to text or something?, if these are legit 440 cars why not give all the important details that would certainly get the interest up. As is I'd assume they aren't legit because of lack of details.

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: worthywads on August 09, 2019, 04:59:33 PM
I'm not seriously interested, but I really don't understand how little information people put into the description of vehicles on craigslist?  Is there a limit to text or something?, if these are legit 440 cars why not give all the important details that would certainly get the interest up. As is I'd assume they aren't legit because of lack of details.

I have found that's just a Craigslist and Marketplace thing. Ads always suck there. I see it as one step better than a garage sale. Unfortunately, every one and his brother is convinced that all old vehicles are worth gold because they watch Barrett Jackson. These cars might be the real deal but I'll believe it when someone actually sees fender tags and VINs

JS29

340challconvert

Intriguing
If they are true rt and rt se cars; could be a good deal        :takemymoney:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

anlauto

We just saw one U code car sell for $26K so maybe if it pans out, the whole deal is worth $40K  :thinking:   I just don't think too many people are willing to make that investment on a bunch of old rusty parts. Most people accumulate that kinda stuff over years, not but it all in one day. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

If I wasn't looking at moving cross country in 18 months, I'd be that guy to go take a look. I'd love to have all that work to do on a couple of cool projects as I enter retirement! He wants 40k now but I'm sure he can be talked down. The real issue is are they what he thinks they are and is the condition as good as he thinks. I'd be surprised if the answer to both was yes.

As far as the parts, yeah, expect them to be rough. You never know though. Years back, I bought a pile of parts like that off Craigslist from a guy three hours away who was getting out of the hobby. He wanted $500. I kept tons of stuff for my cars and sold a bunch of the remainder at the Spring Fling for two grand. Next year I sold more of it for another grand. I still have stuff left over. Those lot deals really can be worth the effort sometimes.

6pack

I think that would make a good auction if they can't find a buyer for everything.  It sounds like maybe the guy passed away and his wife is using somewhat Mopar knowledgeable his friend to help liquidate it all in the most easiest way at first. Anyway, that is how I read it.  Some nice stuff there.

rhamson

If anyone was truly interested in them they would make the effort to go there and visually check it out. Craigslist is you get whatyou get and forget it.

RUNCHARGER

I see both sides. A lot of times I don't even look at the lies they post in the ad anyway. You have to look over the car, shut out the owners line of B.S. to see what's there.
Sheldon

RUNCHARGER

I'm thinking maybe the one car could be a U-code but it sounds like it is an R/T-SE which takes it off the want list for me, the other one is probably an engine swap car. Stock heads and cranks that have to be reground aren't worth much either. I think the price is too high judging by what you can see.
Sheldon