Main Menu

Vintage 1970 Hemi Cuda Pikes Peak Hill Climb Car

Started by CudaHead, October 29, 2017, 10:24:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

HP2

My contact, who is one of the Huntsman kids, said it is was an original Hemi, 4 speed car. But we all know how stories evolve over time. The current seller simply says V8. I think one would have to look at the vin, if it remains, and do some digging for the body stampings, if they remain, to actually verify it.

It does seem to have a traceable, albeit predominately "remembered", history along  some smattering of actual documentation. Unfortunately, so much work went into keeping the mods secret, and combined with many drivers inability to actually win with the car, that it is a pretty underground piece that makes the price hard to justify unless you REALLY want a vintage hillclimber. It would be ultimately cool to return it to The Peak though.

ec_co

there is one here in Denver that is built for the climb, white '70 I believe, setup for autocross. it pops up for sale every few months or so for $35k
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Moparman82

Quote from: ec_co on November 01, 2017, 05:10:15 PM
there is one here in Denver that is built for the climb, white '70 I believe, setup for autocross. it pops up for sale every few months or so for $35k

I was thinking that car is a 73 for some reason?  I like it, I'd love to test drive it! Haha
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

ec_co

Quote from: Moparman82 on November 01, 2017, 05:16:22 PM

I was thinking that car is a 73 for some reason?  I like it, I'd love to test drive it! Haha

I'm pretty sure you are correct, thinking about it more I do seem to recall round tail lights. seems like it's nice build, but I haven't seen it in person.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

HP2

Quote from: ec_co on November 01, 2017, 05:22:19 PM
Quote from: Moparman82 on November 01, 2017, 05:16:22 PM

I'm pretty sure you are correct, thinking about it more I do seem to recall round tail lights. seems like it's nice build, but I haven't seen it in person.

It is a '73. Its back on CL in Denver. Overall, there are many pieces of it I would not have done for a road racer, but its not mine and have not seen it up close.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/1973-cuda-barracuda-for-sale/6371578436.html

ec_co

thats the one. looks like he is finally dropping the price