Main Menu

WANTED Cuda or Challenger with 225 Slant 6

Started by Mygeeto, May 17, 2020, 05:16:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mygeeto

Quote from: Killerper4mance on May 17, 2020, 11:56:48 PM
I ran across this one with a /6. No VIN posted in the ad so can't verify it's a true C code car.   :dunno:

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1970/dodge/challenger/101265195

I read about this car at hotrod a year ago, i guess it has been sold long ago, and this is old listing.

ec_co

Quote from: Killerper4mance on May 17, 2020, 11:56:48 PM
I ran across this one with a /6. No VIN posted in the ad so can't verify it's a true C code car.   :dunno:

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1970/dodge/challenger/101265195

guaranteed it's an original slant car, no one in their right mind would clone a v8 to a slant. but that price is nuts for a car that needs everything (the heavy newer paint in the trunk says 'I need replacement too')
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Mygeeto

Yep, but I'm sure it has been sold long ago........
How much Barracudas were produced with slant six?

JS29

The best person to ask is Dan the numbers man! like this @6bblgt   :yes:

CudaMoparRay

ec_co

Quote from: Mygeeto on May 18, 2020, 08:24:35 AM

1970 @ 5500 between the B&C codes
1971 @ 1600 B&C codes

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Mygeeto

Quote from: ec_co on May 18, 2020, 10:18:55 AM
Quote from: Mygeeto on May 18, 2020, 08:24:35 AM

1970 @ 5500 between the B&C codes
1971 @ 1600 B&C codes

Going to be tough....I've seen 1970 red challenger with slant six, on craigslist. Somewhere in Arizona, if I remember it right. Good one, need tlc, but nevertheless, price was around 15k usd.

I believe that there were more challengers with slant six than barracudas

JS29

There were more challengers produced than barracudas, something like eighty thousand verses thirty.  :alan2cents:

70/6chall

Mygeeto, not many out there looking for a Slant6 E-body as a lot of the guys here have mentioned. My good friend and fellow Slant6 E-body owner EC_CO, has one he has had for quite a while now as I. He has a '70 Barracuda and I have a '70 Challenger and I've owned mine quite a while also. I purchased mine as a trade-in from a Dodge dealership in 1972. I'm sure if you keep beating the bushes you'll come up with what your looking for. A lot of those "C" code E-bodies have had a V8 identity change. Thanks,   Al

cuda hunter

Quote from: Mygeeto on May 17, 2020, 05:16:12 AM
Unrestored is preferable, but can consider restored too.

Unrestored?  Meaning a full on project car with few parts?  Or are you looking for a survivor unrestored? Running driving?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Mygeeto

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 18, 2020, 05:19:39 PM
Quote from: Mygeeto on May 17, 2020, 05:16:12 AM
Unrestored is preferable, but can consider restored too.

Unrestored?  Meaning a full on project car with few parts?  Or are you looking for a survivor unrestored? Running driving?

cuda hunter,
I mean project car, even without engine, rusty, without pans, some interior maybe missing etc. But it must be matching numbers slant six.

Fastmark

Well, like I said, I have two 6cly Barracudas that I bought for parts years ago. I've been selling off some project cars in the last few years with good results. I just have not gotten around to these two yet. I'm in Texas so they are not rusty and very repairable as projects. I'll send you a Pm with my email and number. At least if you find a car without a k frame, I would have that for sure. Mark

Mygeeto

Quote from: Fastmark on May 19, 2020, 05:56:58 AM
Well, like I said, I have two 6cly Barracudas that I bought for parts years ago. I've been selling off some project cars in the last few years with good results. I just have not gotten around to these two yet. I'm in Texas so they are not rusty and very repairable as projects. I'll send you a Pm with my email and number. At least if you find a car without a k frame, I would have that for sure. Mark

Hi, thanks! I've just sent you an e-mail.

ec_co

JS29