Main Menu

WANTED Cuda or Challenger with 225 Slant 6

Started by Mygeeto, May 17, 2020, 05:16:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mygeeto

Dear All,
I'm new here. Owned Cuda 73 six pack some times ago. It was too much for me, sold long ago. Now I'm nostalgic about good old times with Cuda.

Looking for a E body Barracuda or Challenger with 6 cylinder engine. (C, B code). I know that B code is quite rare, but C code arises sometimes.
Unrestored is preferable, but can consider restored too.
Please DM me, or leave here a message with the car you own, know, found or just came across and I'll contact you.

ec_co

I'll be the first to say kudos on searching out a slanty e-body. most folks want the big power. not many of the slanties left as most were converted to V8s, now they are pretty rare and a lot of folks have never seen a slanted E. there are a few of us on the forum though and happy to have another join. good luck on the hunt, they do pop up unrestored once in a while, but I can't recall seeing one restored for sale in the last 10 years.

:welcome:
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Mygeeto

Quote from: ec_co on May 17, 2020, 05:27:50 AM
I'll be the first to say kudos on searching out a slanty e-body. most folks want the big power. not many of the slanties left as most were converted to V8s, now they are pretty rare and a lot of folks have never seen a slanted E. there are a few of us on the forum though and happy to have another join. good luck on the hunt, they do pop up unrestored once in a while, but I can't recall seeing one restored for sale in the last 10 years.

:welcome:

Thank you! That was quite obvious, but I didn't think of that.
Just in case - I already have 225 slant ready to go, put out from my dart.
I can also consider cuda/challenger with V8, that was originally with slant 6, according to the plate)

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama & good luck in the search

cuda hunter

Welcome from Colorado!  That's a difficult car to find.  C's are difficult and B's are almost unheard of.
I've got a 71 C that needs a full resto.  Since I received that car I've been looking at other C's and there aren't many to find.
Once in a while they pop up but usually with the motor conversion already.  Keep looking, you'll get lucky.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

:welcome: There is something you don't hear everyday, someone looking for a /6.  :bigthumb: Hope you find a nice one.  :bravo:

ec_co

Thank you! That was quite obvious, but I didn't think of that.
Just in case - I already have 225 slant ready to go, put out from my dart.
I can also consider cuda/challenger with V8, that was originally with slant 6, according to the plate)
[/quote]

might be easier to find a converted one and put it back. sell the v8 and k-member to buy the k and motor you want. you'll need a slant engine harness though ... they are not reproduced yet, but I have M&H wiring working on repro'ing my '70 only slant harness and there are a few folks waiting to order one too. here are a couple I found on fleabay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda-Restomod/153931483901?hash=item23d7080afd:g:nuMAAOSwms1eitGz

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda/114210389517?hash=item1a97783e0d:g:dtoAAOSw1PNemRoJ
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

cuda hunter

sure wish I could find one of the bh mods with M46. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Fastmark

I've had two 70 C engine code Barracudas for 30 years as parts cars. Both were 3 speed on the floor. I bought both of them with no motor or trans. One still had the shifter in the trunk.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: ec_co on May 17, 2020, 01:17:32 PM

might be easier to find a converted one and put it back. sell the v8 and k-member to buy the k and motor you want. you'll need a slant engine harness though ...

Finding an E body /6 K might be tougher than finding a /6 E body....  I had one for years but eventually scrapped it cause nobody was interested.....

cuda hunter

That's the truth there.  That k member is like hens teeth.  As well as that wiring harness. 

7E-Bodies

Don't give up. They're out there. I saw one on eBay not a year ago that was a beautiful survivor with nice paint and low miles. I owned one as well. Keep watching eBay and people here post Craigslist ads from all over when they see them.

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Mygeeto

Anyone eager to sell?)

Wow guys, thank you for being so supportive!
I saw a post here, about selling one of these at fb marketplace in march, but missed it, in march i bought buick gn  :-[
And was thinking only about it....
Harness is not a problem, i've got an electrician, who has already fully restored harness in my cars.
The k-member might be an issue. But guess, I'll worry about this after finding the car)

Killerper4mance

I ran across this one with a /6. No VIN posted in the ad so can't verify it's a true C code car.   :dunno:

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1970/dodge/challenger/101265195

cudamadd

Hope you find one . Beauitful red on red 70 challenger on eBay last year I think it was $25 k  slant 6  Lots of slant six valiants here in Australia. I must say they are an awesome engine with there long stroke  they just keep on going good luck with your search  :australia: