Main Menu

1/4 Inch KV Fuel Hose

Started by 69BFan, March 15, 2020, 08:32:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

69BFan

Does anyone have pictures or knowledge of a 1/4 Inch "KV" stamped fuel hose as originally installed on these cars as an assembly line piece?  We already do the 5/16 and 3/8 inch "KV" stamped hose variations, but I have never seen or heard of a 1/4 inch style.  The guy said the hose was original to the car, a 70 GTX.  But who knows, it could have been replaced years ago at the dealership or a previous owner.  He said he would send me detailed pictures.  It would be easily enough reproduced, but do not want to do it, if it was not an assembly line piece.  Thanks for any insight onto the subject.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

I've always kept an eye open for a sample of 1/4 KV hose and have never came across one either... :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

this is the original 3/8" & 1/4" hose off of a '72 GTX's expansion tank  :takealook:  I see NO "KV" on the 1/4"  (3/8", 3/8", 1/4", 1/4", 3/8" in top pic)

69BFan

Thanks for the input guys.  I always say to "never say never", but I feel that on most situations, you have to go on the consensus of the samples that you have before you.  So until we see something more concrete, we will continue with the just the blank hose sections for the 1/4 inch fuel line hose sections.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

76orangewagon

I recently went through the same situation, I called Frank Badalson to order some 1/4" KV vapor line and he told me that the 1/4" hose wasn't marked just the 5/16" and 3/8" were marked KV so I went to NAPA and grabbed some of there's and used some thinner to remove the markings.

JS29

RUNCHARGER

Hard to argue with Dan's photo.
Sheldon

fc7cuda

:iagree:

I've always heard/read no KV on the 1/4".

Now the finish on the pinch clamps is another topic.  :'(