Main Menu

1970 standard dash 'cuda & H6B5 blue interior = BLACK steering column, correct?

Started by 6bblgt, April 07, 2021, 02:46:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

:huh:  a STANDARD gauge cluster '70 'cuda/Barracuda with blue interior still used a black steering column ......

the only blue part is the steering wheel horn pad, CORRECT?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Skdmark

I believe you are correct.
The steering column would be black with standard dash cars. I'm looking for a reference other than anecdotal.

Here is the steering wheel color chart off Hamtramck Historical's archive.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

JH27N0B

The steering column of my burnt orange interior Challenger convertible with standard dash is black, it is my understanding if it had a rally dash, the steering column would be burnt orange instead.

RUNCHARGER

Hmm: I wouldn't know for sure but that sure looks good. The black column disappears along with the black dash. Looks really nice actually.
Sheldon

Skdmark

Probably a check of a couple of 1970 e-body broadcast sheets with standard dashes and a non-black interior would verify it.
The steering column part number has the paint code on it.

Out of curiosity I looked up images for a couple of Gran Coupes. Even with the woodgrain applique on the standard dash, they still had a black column.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: