Main Menu

Urgent help needed – grab the wrong part at Carlisle today

Started by Nepagarage, July 16, 2022, 05:42:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Nepagarage

I pulled a real stupid bonehead move today. I was at Carlisle and went over to the Steven's performance 10 and picked up a fender and a windshield for my 70 challenger. Why, I don't know, but I asked for a driver fender when I need a passenger fender. I already have a brand new driver fender that I purchased at the show last year. I didn't even notice when I inspected the fender out of the box at the show I was just looking for dents and scratches etc. Never even noticing it was the wrong side. I do believe they had the right side fender available . I was going to call and see if I could shoot back down there early tomorrow morning and simply exchange the driver side for the passenger side. But I have no way of reaching them as you call the office and it's just the automated message down at their warehouse saying that they are unavailable while attending the Carlisle show.  Does anyone have a direct number for any of those guys to reach out to them tonight and see if they would be OK with me exchanging it? I live two hours away so I could shoot down there early in the morning swap the part and drive right back. I hate to do it but that's probably the least painful way to correct my stupid mistake.  Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Cuda Cody

I'm pretty sure they will swap it out for you in the morning. 

Nepagarage

They seem like pretty standup guys and I'm sure they won't mind helping me out. I just wanted to confirm that they had the other fender although I believe they said they did but they could've sold it after I left. I already feel like an idiot I would really hate to drive all the way down or tomorrow to exchange it and they don't have it and then I feel like a double idiot lol

headejm

Maybe try to pm one of our members that is attending the show. Not sure who will be there on Sunday?

@torredcuda @GoMangoBoys @Spikedog08 @cuda hunter

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

GoMangoBoys

I sent you a PM with my phone number.  I am at the show and happy to help you.  Call me.

GoMangoBoys

I am at the Stephen's booth now.  They have one that is on hold for someone else.  They will sell it to you but want to call you about it first.  PM me with your phone number and I will give it to them.

Nepagarage

On my way home from Carlisle now, for the second time in two days lol. A big thank you to Brad for stopping by the booth and letting the guys know my mistake and finding out that there was yet another one available thankfully. Got it all squared away, and I'm only out a few hours of drive time and a little bit of fuel money. The guys at Stephens we're very understanding and accommodating. That might be one of my dumber mistakes as it pertains to this car, but I assure you it won't be the last ha ha. Thanks again!