Main Menu

1971 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T 426 HEMI SHAKER CONVERTIBLE - The Rest of the Story

Started by BluRaySRT, February 28, 2021, 07:19:25 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BluRaySRT

I really appreciate all of the comments made to my previous post re: the history of this car.   I think that they story was created to attempt to get a premium for this car.   Fast forward to the present and the car now being offered.  Some of the poor restoration items have been corrected.  (brakes, headers) and the car has now been priced at perhaps a reasonable level.  Right now,  I'm only concerned about the car that I am buying now.. not the history.  Is it worth paying somewhere in the '80's for this one.   I have the car under agreement,  but I can back out without much 'pain'.   I do plan on getting the car inspected an seeing and driving the car myself.   I would appreciate hearing your comments about anything concerning this cars present condition.  Thanks so much!

https://gasolinealleyautobrokers.com/inventory/39162/view/1076/Tavares-FL/1971-Dodge-HEMI%20%20%20CHALLENGER

RUNCHARGER

Probably worth in the $80k's. That quarter panel has had the lower repaired by bondo by the looks of it to me. No crisp metal surface that mates to the trunk extension. Car needs a grease job before driving and the detailing came out of a spray can. But it's a 383, 4 speed 71, convt. in a good colour and the Hemi swap adds value. I would say it is an $80k car all day long. If it was really nice I could see $100k, maybe I'm wrong but that's JMO.
Sheldon

anlauto

I just answered your email then came on here...There is a big difference from asking $295,000.00 USD for a car with a bogus story and asking "somewhere in the 80's" for a decent looking Hemi powered convertible... :no:

When I said the restoration "looked terrible" in the other thread I was thinking it looked terrible for a  $300K car.... :bigmoney:  and it still does...

But if you can talk them down in price to mid$80's the car is likely worth it :alan2cents:  Inspection is your best idea. :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration