Main Menu

70 Challenger Drivers Glass install help - Dallas referral

Started by Friscomail, April 28, 2021, 10:05:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Friscomail

Folks,

If you can see some of my threads I replaced and updated the hardware for my drivers side window.  After many attempts I can't seem to get the glass to line up correctly.  I have found great threads in this forum but obviously still not doing something right.  I wanted to reach out to the forum to see if anyone knows someone in Dallas Texas that can swing by my shop and complete the install.  Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I could also transport the car to someone's location if that is easier.

anlauto

Dumb question out of the way first...did you reinstall the regulator in the correct position ? Measure roughly where the widow crank is compared to the window crank hole in the door panel.

I only ask because it's possible to put a Cuda regulator in a Challenger position and vice versa and it will work, but the glass adjustment is way off....I only know this, because I've done it before :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Yeya93

https://youtu.be/ZmEuHGKJu3E

There's a segment where they go in detail on how to adjust window on doors.  They even demonstrate it with door shell removed for better visuals. I hope that helps

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Friscomail

thanks but I am sure its correct - compared it to the one I removed.  But thanks for the suggestion.

Friscomail

missed this one on YT - thanks.  Let me try again tonight? 

anlauto

Quote from: Friscomail on April 28, 2021, 12:54:57 PM
thanks but I am sure its correct - compared it to the one I removed.  But thanks for the suggestion.

Yea, that's why I said it was a "dumb question", but I thought I would ask....it's really an easy mistake to make ...here's what I was talking about...simply put in the wrong hole... :dunno: and it still works
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

If you still need help, PM me your telephone 📞

Tom

BFM_Cuda

Quote from: anlauto on April 28, 2021, 01:13:02 PM
Yea, that's why I said it was a "dumb question", but I thought I would ask....it's really an easy mistake to make ...here's what I was talking about...simply put in the wrong hole... :dunno: and it still works

For the 2nd day in a row, I learned something new on this site. Thanks Alan...   :cheers:
Never realized there were two locations for mounting.

GoodysGotaCuda

I am over in near Denton, and unfortunately I struggled a bit with the installation of my window regulators.

As far as someone to take it to, you could ask Ward's body shop in Krum [just West of Denton]. They do quite a few Mopar paint jobs and might be able to work something like that in or have another reference for you to investigate. They are good people and they painted my 'Cuda for me a few years back.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs