Main Menu

2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody

Started by 303 Mopar, June 27, 2017, 05:35:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Today Dodge announced the 2018 Hellcat Widebody.  Basically it is a Hellcat with the Demon fender flares which allow 305/35 Pirellis on all four corners and 20 x 11" wheels.  Currently Hellcats come with 275/40's.  This has been the big compliant of Hellcat owners, it needs more grip.  The new Hellcat Widebody starts at $71,495, or $14k less than a Demon with plenty of them to choose from.

FSHTAIL

It would look much better if they just flared the fenders and quarters vs this fender flair trend that everyone is calling a "widebody"

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

Brads70

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on June 27, 2017, 05:37:40 PM
It would look much better if they just flared the fenders and quarters vs this fender flair trend that everyone is calling a "widebody"

:iagree: Looks almost like they added aftermarket 4X4 flairs.... it is growing on me though..... slowly....

FSHTAIL

Slowly... .like molasses on a cold day. 

Brads70

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on June 27, 2017, 05:56:11 PM
Slowly... .like molasses on a cold day. 

:D  I hear ya!  sort of like .." Attention K-Mart shoppers..."  :('

In addition I can see that being an area that will rust out as they get older?

FSHTAIL

Bolt on flares "widebody"  lol

Cuda Cody

I'm liking it.  It needed wider meats soooo bad.  This is going to really help the car.   :yes:

Brads70

I like the hood much better than the Demon ! LOVE the interior! Especially the dash!  :bradsthumb:  That guy driving needs to find the gas pedal already! Sheesh!  :D

anlauto

That looks terrible and cheap in my opinion :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudajason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

one bad fish

I like the flares. Too bad it didn't come in all wheel drive. I could see a lift kit in its future!! :Stirring:

ViperMan

I HATE the way the front marker lights look on the fenders - how they kinda angle into the flares.  It looks like such an afterthought, like, "Oh, shit - what do we do about this...?"

I also kinda agree that the "glued on" look of the flares is off-putting for a car that Dodge has otherwise done so well with.  The stance is awesome, but the way they simply tacked on parts to get it is a little off-putting.

But now I want a Jeep Trackhawk anyways, so no sweat off my back...  :)

FSHTAIL

If they did it similar to what they did to the Challenger in Furious 6 it would have been a bit better. 

soundcontrol

Quote from: anlauto on June 27, 2017, 06:12:54 PM

:iagree:
They could have made it wider without flares. The one thing I dont like with the new Challengers is that they kinda look high and narrow, gets better if the are lowered but a slightly wider and lower body would look better IMHO.

dave73

Quote from: anlauto on June 27, 2017, 06:12:54 PM

I agree, reminds me of the bushwacker flares I had on my Wrangler. I hate the way it breaks up the body line on the front fenders.