Main Menu

4 speed console

Started by Nel, August 05, 2021, 05:46:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Nel

Hi, this could be a stupid question but is there a differance with a 1970 automatic console and a 1970 4 speeds console other then the top plate? Would I able to put my 4 speed top plate on a base from a automatic?

anlauto

There's a large notch on the left side of the four speed console to accommodate the four speed floor hump. You can easily trim the auto console :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Nel

Ok I have found a nice 1970 auto, for 200$ CA do you think It would be a good deal to change my current one that have the ashtray?

I just check mine closely and guess what she has been trimmed so it's an auto. Would you have the exact template do to the trim ? If buy it would like to make it look exactly like the real 4 speed one.

gzig5

Isn't the opening on top a little larger for the 4spd console as well?   

Template on Ebay.  I don't know if it is good or not. https://www.ebay.com/itm/174581139950

Google is your friend
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=e+body+4+speed+console+template

fc7cuda

Best to find the right part initially rather than hacking IMO.

erik70rt

Quote from: fc7cuda on August 06, 2021, 06:11:53 AM
Best to find the right part initially rather than hacking IMO.

I thought about hacking my auto console and go the template, and couldn't bring myself to do it.  I picked up one of the repop 4 spd consoles instead.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Cuda_mark

I just need to find a 4 speed top plate. I have the console. Tough to find...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dpower

I have an oem 4 speed console, black with ash tray. I have a brand new top plate . 500.00 for both will not separate. Thanks , ill send contact info , to interested.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration