Main Menu

70 Challenger Hood

Started by ply64post, January 25, 2024, 10:02:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ply64post

On 70 Challenger steel hoods they  had the Dodge lettering on the front edge of the hood.Correct me
if I am wrong, the early production cars had no lettering and later production did, Was there production
change and when? The Challenger has a build date of 9-17-69 and also when was the break for the crumple  structure changed? Did the Shaker, Rallye, and flat hoods have this feature?

Thank You
                                                                Jeff

Blowout

:popcorn: mine was built 10/69 so I'm curious because my hood has holes and it seemed like the hood that came with it.

mtull

I have two hoods, both are from Sept 11, 1969 cars (based on original door stickers).  Both have the factory holes for DODGE lettering.  If it matters I can get the die-lot stamp numbers on the hoods.  I do recall one number was: 00000000 

MoparLeo

moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

EV2RTSE

Can't recall ever seeing or hearing of a 70 hood that didn't have either the DODGE letters or fratzog emblem on the front.  71 is another story.  :dunno:

erik70rt

Quote from: EV2RTSE on January 25, 2024, 02:48:52 PMCan't recall ever seeing or hearing of a 70 hood that didn't have either the DODGE letters or fratzog emblem on the front.  71 is another story.  :dunno:

71 was the only year they didn't use the DODGE lettering.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.